Formulating Recipes -- Incredible Fun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
Does anyone else have a ton of fun formulating recipes? Sometimes I sit around for hours thinking up recipes and entering them into brew software to tweak the numbers. Almost all of them get discarded since I have neither the time nor resources to brew each one. It makes me wish I had an army of oompah loompahs or something to go brew all the ideas I come up with. Does anyone else feel this way?

I have a string of recipes that haven't even made it into the physical world.

Bernerbits, I am always open to critique recipes. If you don't get public responses just pm me. I am always glad to help people realize their goals in brewing. :D

It makes me wish I had an army of oompah loompahs or something to go brew all the ideas I come up with.

Monkeys! FLYING monkeys! Bottling is effortless; just addict them to cigarettes and heroin, and they'll do anything for a fix.

Bob

Bernerbits, I'd be glad to have a look at your recipes. Like zoebisch wrote, just PM me if I don't come running. ;)

I kill hours that way. Everytime someone posts a new recipe I consider it and start making my own. For the really interesting ones I start pricing the goods at various online brew stores. Then I pick the one or two I like the best and order the stuff. I have had the same problem with recipe critiques. I think it's because I do extract and am just starting partial mash. All the really fun looking recipes are all grain. I just ordered the stuff to try a partial mash version of Biermunchers OctoberFAST Ale. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Monkeys! FLYING monkeys! Bottling is effortless; just addict them to cigarettes and heroin, and they'll do anything for a fix.

Bob

Bernerbits, I'd be glad to have a look at your recipes. Like zoebisch wrote, just PM me if I don't come running. ;)

problem with flying monkeys is they're much too capable when it comes to escaping. I mean mokeys are clever enough by themselves, put wings on them and they'd be out of control. for oompah loompahs, all you need are 5 ft. walls surrounding the brew compound. oh, and then there's the problem with flying monkey poo fights, can you say infection?

Back