First time kegging! What would be the best schedule to have carbed beer by Thursday?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The safe way would require a check-valve (not a shut-off, but a backflow-preventer) on the gas line. If you have one, set your regulator for 11-12 psi, hook up the gas, and rock the keg until you hear the gas stop flowing through the regulator. You don't need to be violent about it, just keep moving the beer around exposing it to the gas/fluid boundary. Depending, it could take as little as fifteen minutes.

Once the gas reaches equilibrium you'll be able to rock the keg and not hear any noise coming from the regulator. At that point the beer should be carbed up to around 2.5 volumes of CO2. Give it a few days to settle and you should be good to go...

Cheers!

I would do 30 psi for 36 hours on cold beer, sample and adjust from there. If more required, let sit at 20 psi overnight and sample again. Be careful not to overcarb, easier to add than subtract CO2.

Sounds good! I had it at 15 but I just adjusted it to 30 so I'll let that sit until tomorrow night and give it a shot... probably bring it down to 11/12 after that.

Back