First AG beer came out really well!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
My first AG was a Maris Otter/Centennial SMaSH pale ale/IPA.

It's balanced, refreshing, and really tasty. I'm amazed by how approachable and simple the all grain process can be. I'm really happy with the result and can't foresee switching back to extract anytime soon.

19a623aea6df11e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

Congrats ... I felt the same w
ay after my first AG ... Aside from the extra time and cleanup, its pretty relaxing and a ton of fun ...

Congratulations! I definitely find all-grain brewing to be a more enjoyable process. I enjoy the control I have over my product and the greater connectedness I feel with the ingredients.. I also enjoy not dealing with extract, especially liquid extract.

I remember saying (more than once) that partial mashing was all I ever really wanted to do, and that I was happy with my beers.

But a couple of people here on this forum (notably the_Bird) encouraged me to finally do an AG batch. And so I did- and it was my best beer up to that point. I was hooked! I think that was in December of 2006.

My husband wasn't really very supportive of my brewing hobby at first- too much time, too much money, etc. But he came to love good beer and now we joke about how I can never quit brewing because he will NOT live his life without good beer and he will not spend $12 a six pack for beer that isn't as good as mine.

I was running low on IPA since I don't brew for two months in the winter, and he told me, "Women, get your ass back into the brewery and make me some beer! (and a sammich)". It really helps that he is as big as a beer drinker as I am! :D

Back