Finishing Fermentation Outside The Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewNut2016

BrokenGuyBrewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am in need of brewing more beer for an upcoming party but I am limited on space in the temperature controlled ferment chamber. I normally ferment around 67 degrees F and I leave a brew in the chamber at that temp to finish and clean up prior to begging/bottling. Question is this... After Krausen settles, can I pull the brews out of the ferment chamber and allow them to finish and clean up in a room, which is a steady 70 degrees F?

Yep, most off flavors develop during active fermentation. Raising the temp a little (I wouldn't worry about anything 75 or under) will actually encourage the yeast to fully attenuate and clean up after themselves.

I usually only leave my brews in controlled environment for a week but lately I've been moving them out at day 4. Seems to work good. I may even bottle at day 10.

It's not going to hurt anything after the active part of fermentation is finished.

Back