Filling a Hole?? Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeunc

Reaction score
All,
I am in the process of converting my Danby mini fridge into a kegarator.
I have 2 cornies and a 5lb tank with dual regulators. It is very very tight in there if I attempt to get the tank on the compressor hump with the larger dual regulator. The shelf is not really the full width of the tank. I wanted to put my co2 tank on the outside anyway and the fridge has a drain hole on the compressor hump. So I can drill this hole out, making sure to not ram down to the compressor. So I can then run the two co2 lines out.

My question, after getting that hole enlarged and drilled out. What is the best way to seal it? Do I want to use something like a spray on "Great Stuff" from Home Depot or more of like a waterproof caulk. Obviously you want it air tight, but I don't think I want it 100% permanent.
And obviously when I seal it, I will have no "play" back and forth in the lines, correct?
I have never worked with these sealers like any help would be appreciated, or an alternate way to seal that hole that will have 2 co2 lines running out.

thanks

well I have 2 Co2 lines,,so the question would be then,,use one larger hole since the drain hole is already there and just silicone it shut or drill two holes and grommet???

I used thum gum around my co2 hose it works good, and I can remove it if I need to, It may also be called duct seal

I used great stuff on a small mini fridge I paid $40 for. I am fairly confident I will be able to pull my CO2 house out (with some force). Great stuff is good quick fix, not a long term solution (unless its on a full size fridge and wont be moved around much).

yep, I think I am going to have to go with some sort of spray on sealant like that. I don;t want to risk having to drill two holes back there and fit the grommets perfectly.
Plus I also have to run the thin power line for my tower cooling fan out of the same hole also.

Back