Filling a Hole?? Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

joeunc

Reaction score
All,
I am in the process of converting my Danby mini fridge into a kegarator.
I have 2 cornies and a 5lb tank with dual regulators. It is very very tight in there if I attempt to get the tank on the compressor hump with the larger dual regulator. The shelf is not really the full width of the tank. I wanted to put my co2 tank on the outside anyway and the fridge has a drain hole on the compressor hump. So I can drill this hole out, making sure to not ram down to the compressor. So I can then run the two co2 lines out.

My question, after getting that hole enlarged and drilled out. What is the best way to seal it? Do I want to use something like a spray on "Great Stuff" from Home Depot or more of like a waterproof caulk. Obviously you want it air tight, but I don't think I want it 100% permanent.
And obviously when I seal it, I will have no "play" back and forth in the lines, correct?
I have never worked with these sealers like any help would be appreciated, or an alternate way to seal that hole that will have 2 co2 lines running out.

thanks

Coy-Boy

Reaction score
Can't you use a rubbet grommet? I think that would work good and it is not permenent.

OP
J

joeunc

Reaction score
well I have 2 Co2 lines,,so the question would be then,,use one larger hole since the drain hole is already there and just silicone it shut or drill two holes and grommet???

Highlandsbrew

Reaction score
I used thum gum around my co2 hose it works good, and I can remove it if I need to, It may also be called duct seal

Skins_Brew

Reaction score
I used great stuff on a small mini fridge I paid $40 for. I am fairly confident I will be able to pull my CO2 house out (with some force). Great stuff is good quick fix, not a long term solution (unless its on a full size fridge and wont be moved around much).

OP
J

joeunc

Reaction score
yep, I think I am going to have to go with some sort of spray on sealant like that. I don;t want to risk having to drill two holes back there and fit the grommets perfectly.
Plus I also have to run the thin power line for my tower cooling fan out of the same hole also.