Fermentrack and ESP8266 Firmware not showing tempritures from my DS18B20 temp sensors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxelF

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have the older ESP8266 (not 12E or 12 F) wemos D1 Mini and a Arduino Uno and I have tried using all versions of the fermentrack formware (from thurok).
However I cant get the LCD or the fermentrack web UI to display the tempriture of the two sensors I have connected.
I have conneted the I2C Wire to the D6 Pin on the Wemos and can see some data when e.g. reseting the EPROM, but I get no tempriture reading's.
I have the 4.7K resistor between the posative rail and the data signal.
Im using the 5V rail fed from the USB on the RaspBerry Pi (4.4v actual) which is within the 3V - 5.5V range of the DS18B20 Sensor.

Its strange this problem is ocurring on both the Uno and the Wemos !

The only thing I dont have connected is the Relay as Im testing but those pins for the fridge and the hearer are outputs so should not affect the firmware reading the tempritures.

Has anybody else had similar issues with the fermentrack foirmware from thurok ?

Did you go to the device, hit the dropdown menu, then "Configure Sensors/Pins/Devices"?

1593464040850.png

I ask because I was tearing my hair out today trying to figure out why it wasn't reading the temp from the sensor I connected, then saw the part of the docs that said to go configure which pin to expect the temperature input on.

Worked fine after actually assigning the device to the correct GPIO pin.

Yes mate that was my problem 😲
1 week testing everything with a scope and it was all down to that hard to find (nee impossible) menu.

After all that I didn't actually have a circuit or component problem !

Thanks for your help.

Did you go to the device, hit the dropdown menu, then "Configure Sensors/Pins/Devices"?

View attachment 687266

I ask because I was tearing my hair out today trying to figure out why it wasn't reading the temp from the sensor I connected, then saw the part of the docs that said to go configure which pin to expect the temperature input on.

Worked fine after actually assigning the device to the correct GPIO pin.

Thank you so much. I have been going nuts trying to figure this out!

Back