Fellowship of the Homebrew XI: Stay Home, Stay Safe, Drink Up and Brew On!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome box from @fourfarthing going into the fridge!
CA3FC78E-924F-44B6-B185-DA4DF5998910.jpeg

Got my package from @kingmatt today! Thanks for the extras. Head some noise about Funk so I’m excited to try that after your homebrew.
9E21C8CD-4431-42B6-B3EA-5D8E8D1D0973.jpeg

cracked into the double Citra and I’m digging it, it’s East meets West. Like sip of sunshine made love to Ruination on a blanket of Citra (Youre All welcome for that imagery)
305D9D1D-A4D5-483C-A1D7-052EA9C3D2AA.jpeg

Got my package from @kingmatt today! Thanks for the extras. Head some noise about Funk so I’m excited to try that after your homebrew. View attachment 685445

cracked into the double Citra and I’m digging it, it’s East meets West. Like sip of sunshine made love to Ruination on a blanket of Citra (Youre All welcome for that imagery) View attachment 685446

It's actually a lightly modified version of the Double Sunshine recipe from Sean Lawson, so that works!

Lunch Beer'd it today. 🙌

Had @yoop89 Blackberry Sour. Really awesome beer. Awesome level of sourness, interesting, yet easy drinking. Berry was there, and delicious. Great stuff!

Prob. going to crack another after desk time is over today!

FOHB11BBS.JPG

Got this bomb from @DrGMG today!! Great selection of brews, couple extras and your own logo’d glassware! Dude you have a can seamer too???View attachment 685735

Man, I'm glad nothing broke. My wife made the glass, I got the can seamer right after homebrewcon. Hope you like them, and that the hazy didn't oxidize.

@JCasey1992 has a package sitting on his step waiting for him! Hope it stayed cold
Everything arrived safe and sound! Chilling as we speak. Will report back with pictures in the glass later today!

As for what I owe, as I explained to @aharri1, due to my tap springing a leak, I lost an entire keg of one of his beers before I could get it bottled. That said, I'm hopeful I can get it sent out soon. I will report back soon and I appologize for the delay.

Last edited:
1/2 of you package will go out this Tuesday. I should of shipped early last week but got caught up with work and then It’s just been to hot to comfortably ship

Its all good man. Ihad to rush to ship mine. was home from california for a week and have to go back monday

Everything arrived safe and sound! Chilling as we speak. Will report back with pictures in the glass later today!

Warning on that quad. Be careful. At 14.2% it’s a boozey doozey, but I think you’ll appreciate how exceptionally true to style it is.
Fig, cherry and plum upfront, a hint of banana aroma upfront and finishes like Naugahyde. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but allowing it to warm in a snifter on the couch...good stuff

Warning on that quad. Be careful. At 14.2% it’s a boozey doozey, but I think you’ll appreciate how exceptionally true to style it is.
Fig, cherry and plum upfront, a hint of banana aroma upfront and finishes like Naugahyde. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but allowing it to warm in a snifter on the couch...good stuff
When you're right you're right! Definitely boozy but very drinkable! I'll add that I'm normally not a fan of Belgian beers but I could definitely come back for more of this! Definitely a great beer to sip on by the fire.
IMG_20200621_193026.jpg

When you're right you're right! Definitely boozy but very drinkable! I'll add that I'm normally not a fan of Belgian beers but I could definitely come back for more of this! Definitely a great beer to sip on by the fire. View attachment 686111

glad you enjoyed. At 2 years of aging, it could really stand for a harder pour to get the head developed so give that a try for your next one.

this has become my go-to nightcap, especially in the winter

Had 2 beers last night!

IMG_2247.JPG

First, was @yoop89 Brett Rye. Awesome beer! I am not too versed in Brett beer, but this beer was tasty. I got citrus/lemon zest aroma, with a spicy rye flavor with a little bit of funk, and a little hop bitterness. This beer was different than what I am normally used to. But again, amazing!

IMG_2248.JPG

Second, was the Flanders Red. Man, this beer had some complexity to me! Nicely sour, a bit funky. Rich caramel, slight toffee, with a bit of chocolate, and a few notes of cherry coming through also! It was a complex beer, and fun to sip, and pick out the different flavors.

Latest posts

Back