Fellowship of the Homebrew X: Thou Shalt Enjoy the Homebrew and Hangover!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely AMAZING offering from @yoop89 just showed up! First words from my wife: you need to step up your game, lol. Not pictured: hot tamales :)
20200221_181749.jpeg

I do like stickers but no worries! That was already beyond my expectations. Gonna dig in tomorrow, drinking mead now.
Hope you like them! Unfortunately found the stickers that I thought were in there today in my office :(

Started with the red from @yoop89. Very clean, perfectly to style. Very enjoyable. Now onto the porter. Holy chocolate! Not sure if that's the chaga, but I get major chocolate notes. Lactose sweetens it up and adds body. I usually like my porters with a bit more dark malts, but this is very tasty! Cheers.
20200222_164037.jpeg
20200222_151541.jpeg

Started with the red from @yoop89. Very clean, perfectly to style. Very enjoyable. Now onto the porter. Holy chocolate! Not sure if that's the chaga, but I get major chocolate notes. Lactose sweetens it up and adds body. I usually like my porters with a bit more dark malts, but this is very tasty! Cheers.

Glad to hear the first two went down good! As far as the chocolate goes in the porter thats the same response I get from everyone. Ive gotten slight hints of chocolate from Chaga but never this much. I was thinking it was the combination of the lactose and dark malts help bring it out maybe?

Awesome IPA @PianoMan, this is one style I enjoy but don’t brew often and this is definitely one that I would keep on tap! Beautiful color, nice clean flavors, perfectly balanced with a pleasant bitter finish.
Adjustments.JPG

Edit: sorry but this pic does not do the color justice, I’ll work on that for the next ones ;)

Awesome IPA @PianoMan, this is one style I enjoy but don’t brew often and this is definitely one that I would keep on tap! Beautiful color, nice clean flavors, perfectly balanced with a pleasant bitter finish.
View attachment 668491
Edit: sorry but this pic does not do the color justice, I’ll work on that for the next ones ;)
Glad it made it. Left as little space as possible in the bottle. That one came out as one of the better. Thanks!

Awesome Dubbel @PianoMan next to my freshly kegged cucumber sour. Love the Belgian character in this one. What yeast did you use? I’ve been playing around with WLP530 and can’t seem to get near the amount of flavor that this beer has.
View attachment 668850
I've used several but settled on WY3787 Trappist. Still learning the ins/outs of it. I'd like to try a fermentation up in the 80s next time to see if there's more fruity esters are produced.

I've used several but settled on WY3787 Trappist. Still learning the ins/outs of it. I'd like to try a fermentation up in the 80s next time to see if there's more fruity esters are produced.

Weird, the secret decoder shows 530 and 3787 being the same strain. I’ve only fermented into the low 70s though, maybe that’s my problem. Spinning up a starter of 4th gen 530 to try one more time. I’ll try pushing the limits on temp this time around.

Glad you like it! As I said it came out a bit sweet for my tastes - even 12oz is probably more than I have at a time. Enjoy!

Seems like a good place to ask. Im looking for a good, true to style RIS recipe. Any one able to help me out? Its our clubs 3rd quarter internal comp, so im hoping to brew it in a month or so.

Back