Fellowship of the Drink XXVII: Welcome to the Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@bwible please - lol @ Y-ling. That was the first beer I bought with my fake ID :)

I'm headed off the grid - I'll send addy once in back next week CHEERS!!
I’m new to this and I was trying to make a package representative of the beers we have here in SE PA - which I thought was the point. I thought about it and as there are people here from all over the country, I thought I would include it. It’s one of the most representative beers of PA and I thought it made sense to include it. It always seems to get attention from people who are not from this area. Yeah its a pretty mainstream beer. If someone doesn’t want Yuengling I’ll be more than happy to swap it out for something else. I also have a few of the Hersheys/Yuengling chocolate porter collaboration. I could put that in. Or something else. I was going to throw in something extra like that anyway. I’m not a Belgian or sour guy but I notice alot of them. If you want, I can swap in a Victory Golden Monkey or Sour Monkey or any of their Monkey series that are in Production. Their giant brewery is not far from me and I was planning to drive there for swag anyhow. Let me know what you really like and I’ll see what I can do.

https://victorybeer.com/beers/

Last edited:
I’m new to this and I was trying to make a package representative of the beers we have here in SE PA - which I thought was the point. I thought about it and as there are people here from all over the country, I thought I would include it. It’s one of the most representative beers of PA and I thought it made sense to include it. It always seems to get attention from people who are not from this area. Yeah its a pretty mainstream beer. If someone doesn’t want Yuengling I’ll be more than happy to swap it out for something else. I also have a few of the Hersheys/Yuengling chocolate porter collaboration. I could put that in. Or something else. I was going to throw in something extra like that anyway. I’m not a Belgian or sour guy but I notice alot of them. If you want, I can swap in a Victory Golden Monkey or Sour Monkey or any of their Monkey series that are in Production. Their giant brewery is not far from me and I was planning to drive there for swag anyhow. Let me know what you really like and I’ll see what I can do.

It's all good man. Their chocolate porter is pretty delicious actually we got it down here in Florida. Also, yeungling is way better than any of the other big beer companies like Miller, Budweiser, PBR, etc imo.

Don’t stress it. We are good people, and we all have some snark but its never malicious. The Troegs should keep you picker happy fo sho.

@gromitdj

Where did I end up? Can't find where everything ended. I had an easy job to do, pick 4 I wanted and I totally blew it. I was traveling all day yesterday though, so I'll cut myself a bit of a break.

All is finalized then. Thank you everyone! Please be sure to send your selected participant a PM with your shipping address!

Who You Selected:
  • LoneTreeFarms selected Jerbrew
  • orionol73 selected JamesonFan
  • Bago-0 selected TwistedGray
  • jerbrew selected bwible
  • aharri1 selected Nagorg
  • duncan.brown selected orionol73
  • LBussy selected DrGMG
  • Mullet6577 selected gromitdj
  • JamesonFan selected fourfarthing
  • DrGMG selected LoneTreeFarms
  • bwible selected Mullet6577
  • Thorrak selected jimyson
  • fourfarthing selected CtownBrewer
  • CTownBrewer selected Bago-0
  • TwistedGray selected Lbussy
  • Nagorg selected Thorrak
  • jimyson selected duncan.brown
  • BAF selected aharri1
  • gromitdj selected BAF
Who Selected You:
  • LoneTreeFarms was selected by DrGMG
  • orionol73 was selected by duncan.brown
  • Bago-0 was selected by CTownBrewer
  • jerbrew was selected by LoneTreeFarms
  • aharri1 was selected by BAF
  • duncan.brown was selected by jimyson
  • LBussy was selected by gromitdj
  • Mullet6577 was selected by bwible
  • JamesonFan was selected by orionol73
  • DrGMG was selected by LBussy
  • bwible was selected by TwistedGray
  • Thorrak was selected by Nagorg
  • fourfarthing was selected by JamesonFan
  • CTownBrewer was selected by fourfarthing
  • TwistedGray was selected by Bago-0
  • Nagorg was selected by aharri1
  • jimyson was selected by Thorrak
  • BAF was selected by Jerbrew
  • gromitdj was selected by Mullet6577

@bwible according to Craft Beer and Brewing Magazine, Yuengling is top of the Craft Beer Top 50, so it’s totally legit in my opinion. Of course, I’m someone who appreciates the craftsmanship that goes into a can of Corrs Banquet Beer and dislikes NEIPAs, so what do I know 😄

IMG_1971.jpeg

@bwible according to Craft Beer and Brewing Magazine, Yuengling is top of the Craft Beer Top 50, so it’s totally legit in my opinion. Of course, I’m someone who appreciates the craftsmanship that goes into a can of Corrs Banquet Beer and dislikes NEIPAs, so what do I know 😄

View attachment 768567
No argument there. I’m a clean beer clear beer guy myself. We bought Coors Banquet to serve at a Christmas party two years ago and it went over huge. My go to is Miller High Life. Though my wife and I have been trying the lower calorie and low carb beers recently. Trying to lose a little weight with summer coming. We’ve had 6 or 7 of them and I still think Miller Lite is about as good as a low calorie low carb beer is going to get. Michelob Ultra advertises 2.6 carbs, Lite has 3.2 carbs. Very little difference but Lite has much more color and flavor. Not a fan of Bud Light Next. Zero carbs. Also zero color and zero flavor. More like a Truly than a beer.

@mullet6577 +1 on the WhalePod!
I'm re-using the one that arrived with my porch bomb too. And I'll probably buy a couple new ones to have on hand for future exchanges. They are just too awesome and not really that expensive.

Okay. RV life means that there’s no fancy glassware or table setting. Still a damned good beer. Raspberry Vanilla Gose and an oriental chicken salad for dinner. Oh, in and RV. This is the life.

179A03AE-520B-46FC-8E30-91FB6E489FC6.jpeg

ETA: Sorry for the hugongous pic - I wasn't able to re-size in mobile.

Last edited:
Back