Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, let's decide the name (it's not preventing me from making the post official):

FOTD XIII: Fug Doug
Friday of the Drink XIII: Jason and Doug Strike Back
FOTD XIII: teach me how to dougie
FotD XIII: All Doug's go to heaven 1
Fellowship Of The Doug XIII: Doug Day Afternoon 1
FOTD XIII: Nightmare on Doug’s Street 2

Reply with your vote. Since this round is essentially being run by the masses, the name will be judged upon by the masses.

I vote for Fellowship of the Doug XIII: Doug Day Afternoon

Last edited:
Okay, so apparently when you have been busted shipping alcohol they somehow flag your future shipments as concern. I always drop off at the same Fedex store, and they have not once asked what's in the box. Never...today was different.

I dropped the box, said I didn't need a receipt, and she scanned it before I could turn and go. She says, "What's in the box?" to which I replied "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh water samples from my koi pond" ... you could read her mind ["full of poop"].

Fedex called me about five minutes later, "Hello, we have your box here and it sounds like it's full of alcohol." "No, it's pond water." "Well, you don't mind if we open to verify?" "I'll pick it up and repackage it if you say it sounds loose or something." "Okay, but this shipment will be flagged for alcohol."

Damn you Fedex!

Okay, so apparently when you have been busted shipping alcohol they somehow flag your future shipments as concern. I always drop off at the same Fedex store, and they have not once asked what's in the box. Never...today was different.

I dropped the box, said I didn't need a receipt, and she scanned it before I could turn and go. She says, "What's in the box?" to which I replied "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh water samples from my koi pond" ... you could read her mind ["full of poop"].

Fedex called me about five minutes later, "Hello, we have your box here and it sounds like it's full of alcohol." "No, it's pond water." "Well, you don't mind if we open to verify?" "I'll pick it up and repackage it if you say it sounds loose or something." "Okay, but this shipment will be flagged for alcohol."

Damn you Fedex!

So are they going to give you back your package?

FedEx (Doug) is the worst.

Did you also piss off UPS? Another option is to label all the beers, "Questionable Koi Pond Samples". Have a note stating "Thanks for testing if my Koi poop is or is not contaminated!"

I was thinking of writing alcohol on the box and using their legally required label on the box; however, that might be worse.

Haven't shipped with UPS before, so at least for now I'm safe.

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to jump on here and apologize. We had a bit of a family emergency about a week and a half ago and everything has been on hold since then. I literally have packed boxes sitting at the house that haven't been touched since then. Also, I got my wrist slapped for shipping too much stuff from the office so I'm going to have to spread them out a bit from now on.

Also, I committed to trying to help a buddy keep his job in the USAF. What does that mean? He's gotta lose like 40 more pounds between now and 9/7. I told him I'd try to work out, stop drinking, eat healthy, etc. with him to try to keep him motivated.

I'm going to sit out of the next FOTD so I'm not worried about getting everything in and done while I'm doing this with him. Some of you will be getting boxes from me over the next few weeks. If you've already sent me something in return, then we're square. If you're waiting on me before sending back beer AND YOU DON'T MIND, can you please hold the shipment until a few weeks from now? I really don't want to bring in a bunch of beer that needs to be enjoyed fresh only to let it sit in the beer fridge for almost two months, knowing it won't be great when I finally crack a few celebratory cold ones.

Regardless, I just wanted to apologize to everyone for being MIA lately. Life got super wild. Wild enough to just leave everything sitting and not even worry about it. All is well now.

Boomer

Hey Everybody,

I just wanted to jump on here and apologize. We had a bit of a family emergency about a week and a half ago and everything has been on hold since then. I literally have packed boxes sitting at the house that haven't been touched since then. Also, I got my wrist slapped for shipping too much stuff from the office so I'm going to have to spread them out a bit from now on.

Also, I committed to trying to help a buddy keep his job in the USAF. What does that mean? He's gotta lose like 40 more pounds between now and 9/7. I told him I'd try to work out, stop drinking, eat healthy, etc. with him to try to keep him motivated.

I'm going to sit out of the next FOTD so I'm not worried about getting everything in and done while I'm doing this with him. Some of you will be getting boxes from me over the next few weeks. If you've already sent me something in return, then we're square. If you're waiting on me before sending back beer AND YOU DON'T MIND, can you please hold the shipment until a few weeks from now? I really don't want to bring in a bunch of beer that needs to be enjoyed fresh only to let it sit in the beer fridge for almost two months, knowing it won't be great when I finally crack a few celebratory cold ones.

Regardless, I just wanted to apologize to everyone for being MIA lately. Life got super wild. Wild enough to just leave everything sitting and not even worry about it. All is well now.

Boomer

Keep on keepin on sir. Hope everything ends well, and feel free to put my box in the back of the queue.

Hey Everybody,

Boomer

Best wishes man, hope to see you enjoying some tasty drinks once everything is back to normal.

Greetings all. I am so sorry I dropped the ball on getting the next one started. I'm glad to see someone jumped in and picked up my slack. The competition I was organizing took a lot more of my time and attention than I anticipated due to a lot of members going vacation and what seems to be a general decline in participation. Again I'm sorry and hope to make it up in another iteration.

IMG_0376.JPG

Back