Extract brew question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural

Reaction score
Hey,

It's going to be savagely cold this weekend and I want to brew some beer. My ingredients are arriving tomorrow and I dont want to wait. Do I need to do a full boil or can I book as much as possible on mystove and top it koff once it's in the primary? It's going to be - 38 Celsius outside this weekend so Iddon't have much excitement about being out there for an hour boiling or in that weather attempting to boil. I don't think my stove will get 5 gallons to a decent boil

Yes, you can do a partial boil. It is my standard procedure. My kitchen stove will not do a 5 gallon boil in a timely manner nor can I cool 5 gallons quickly.
For a 5 gallon batch I begin with 2.5 gallons in the boil kettle. I use approximately 1 to 2 pounds of extract per gallon at the start of the boil. The remaing extract is added 15 minutes before the end of the boil. DME is added first if the recipe is both DME and LME.

Yes, you can do a partial boil. It is my standard procedure. My kitchen stove will not do a 5 gallon boil in a timely manner nor can I cool 5 gallons quickly.
For a 5 gallon batch I begin with 2.5 gallons in the boil kettle. I use approximately 1 to 2 pounds of extract per gallon at the start of the boil. The remaing extract is added 15 minutes before the end of the boil. DME is added first if the recipe is both DME and LME.

Awesome,

Thanks! I managed to make a wort chiller out of 25 feet of copper at 3/8s for $17 and $10 for the home, e gear clamps and an adapter to connect it to my faucet I cool everything down in my kitchen.

Thanka for the response !

How I started brewing... you can drop the water in the fridge a couple days prior to bring down the wort to your pitching or below pitching temp fast too as well when it's added.

Latest posts

Back