Dry hop in keg how much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
Brewed a session ipa with London ale III and am racking it to the keg today - I've got some spice bags and plenty of cascade & tettnang pellet hops.

How much is too much when dry hopping a keg?I want tons if aroma - should I just skip the tettnang?

Thanks

Don't skip it, tett makes a great dry hop. If you're looking for a solid aroma I would do 2oz of each. You can use more or less to suit your taste

TimTrone said:
Don't skip it, tett makes a great dry hop. If you're looking for a solid aroma I would do 2oz of each. You can use more or less to suit your taste

Alright I'm taking your advice....better be f'in good (kidding) thanks man - ive got a ton of cascade and tett and brewing season is just about over for me

Went with 5 oz total in spice bags looking forward to it - haven't brewed an ipa in years - that yeast threw off some diacytyl that I hope diminishes in conditioning

Atta boy. I love the noble and American c hop combo. Kinda surprised its not used more often. You'll get great aroma from 5 ounces

Back