Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIP Marlee. She died last week, right in front of me. I'd give almost anything to have one more day of her, healthy. What a day we'd have.

View attachment 680223
Awe man I am so sorry to hear this. I know she never lacked for love a day in her life. I will raise my glass to her when I get home tonight.

We love them while they’re here and cry like babies when we lose them.

RIP Marlee. She died last week, right in front of me. I'd give almost anything to have one more day of her, healthy. What a day we'd have.

View attachment 680223

I am so sorry to read about your loss. It breaks me up too whenever we lose part of our family.

Below is our Royal Standard Poodle that is 18 months old and is named Marlee as well. She is expected to get to 70 lbs as her dad was 89 lbs and her mom was 63 lbs.

She has her AKC Canine Good Citizen certificate and she and I were supposed to take the Pet Partners Therapy test last January but life got in the way. Then with this COVID-19, that has postponed our testing at the hospital until later in the Fall....

Again, @passedpawn, my condolences to you and your family.

Marlee with her doodle haircut (my wife likes the doodle look.....).

IMG_3037.jpg

8 years ago today, the Howdy ruptured a disk and needed surgery. thankfully, our wonderful veterinarian referred us to the equally wonderful vets, nurses, techs and student vets at Virginia–Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech

THANK YOU ALL for giving us 8 more years with our Howdy. we will be forever grateful

if your pet needs a life-saving procedure that may be too expensive, check with local colleges & universities to see if they have a veterinary program. they may be able to save your fur kid at a much more affordable cost.

522.jpg

I hope the dog adjusts, too. He's still a youngster and mainly a house dog.
Hoping to road trip down from NJ to visit but the wife can't travel ... her kneecap is cracked. If our boy is lucky he can close on a house nearby and give us all space to run around comfortably. Right now he's stuck in an apartment.

Well, no luck going on a road trip to visit.
The kid just told me got orders to Northern VA to work after scouring the Augusta area for a house. That will bring him closer but I'm hoping he gets on-post officer's quarters. Seems he will be working in the same place for the same people, but a different organization, that I worked for years ago. It can get pretty chilly and snow quite a bit in the DC area so the dog will need some snow booties.
If the kid has to travel I'm gonna get the dog and keep an eye on him. Oh, the cat's not gonna like that ....

<-- waves! from NoVA!

Loudoun County, specifically.

we have 46 wineries, 35 breweries, 2 distilleries, 4 cideries & 2 meaderies

all we need now are a absinthery & a sakagura!

Well, no luck going on a road trip to visit.
The kid just told me got orders to Northern VA to work after scouring the Augusta area for a house. That will bring him closer but I'm hoping he gets on-post officer's quarters. Seems he will be working in the same place for the same people, but a different organization, that I worked for years ago. It can get pretty chilly and snow quite a bit in the DC area so the dog will need some snow booties.
If the kid has to travel I'm gonna get the dog and keep an eye on him. Oh, the cat's not gonna like that ....

Our three fur kids. All are rescues. The oldest is a local rescue but the two youngest are out of a wonderful rescue out of Hondo Texas. { near San Antonio }. Tracy of Tracy's Paws Rescue pulls dogs out of high kill shelters in southern Texas and finds forever homes for dogs that probably would have never made it out of those shelters alive. All of our rescues have changed our lives for the better. They are so loving and appreciative of their new forever home.

Attachments

• IMG_20200618_172458.jpg
    IMG_20200618_172458.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Our three fur kids. All are rescues. The oldest is a local rescue but the two youngest are out of a wonderful rescue out of Hondo Texas. { near San Antonio }. Tracy of Tracy's Paws Rescue pulls dogs out of high kill shelters in southern Texas and finds forever homes for dogs that probably would have never made it out of those shelters alive. All of our rescues have changed our lives for the better. They are so loving and appreciative of their new forever home.
Got a couple of LWDs (Little White Dogs) as my friend calls them. He fosters and just forever-homed his latest. Some reason, lwds are always great. My lwd (we think malti-poo) is a texas rescue before we adopted him. Wonder if its from the same place.

<-- waves! from NoVA!

Loudoun County, specifically.

we have 46 wineries, 35 breweries, 2 distilleries, 4 cideries & 2 meaderies

all we need now are a absinthery & a sakagura!
One of my haunts was at Sugarland Run in Sterling after leaving the Army. All told I spent 16 memorable years in VA and miss it.
What I really miss is the honeysuckle mead from Smokehouse Winery. I used to make a special trip out to Sperryville from Annandale in the fall to buy several bottles. The meadery is closed now but Good God, the mead was some of the best.

It was known as Tracy's Dogs but now is Tracy's Paws Rescue. We have met Tracy a few times and had the privilege to see her shelter facilities in February when we picked up our latest family member. She works so hard for these dogs. Her entire life is focused on rescuing dogs in need of forever homes. We are forever grateful to her for rescuing two of our family members. Without these family members life would not be as fulfilling. Rescue dogs only want to be loved and love back unconditionally.

Last edited:
Hacker was a pretty amazing dog. He was on an American Greeting Thanksgiving card and almost always took first prize at any obedience competition.

Attachments

• HackerAmGreet-3-small.jpg
    HackerAmGreet-3-small.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Hackerawardwall.jpg
    Hackerawardwall.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Hacker_Ribbons-2.jpg
    Hacker_Ribbons-2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 14
I thought I figured out the problem, but I didn't and i can't delete a post. Sorry for spamming the thread

Back