Deciduous Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, not a mixed ferm. It's aimed at 2.4vol which is a bit spritzy for a porter, but it really brings the berries up in profile imho. Which seems to line up with your experience. Shameless backpat to myself :p So kidding. The fig/maple is lower in carb to let the maple punch at a slightly higher weight class in the same respect.
Not to tangent but with both of those porters we wanted to try a sort of 'old school Lost Abbey' approach as best we could. Create some uniquely complete profiles vs just adjunct+porter. I don't know if that makes sense. I've been madeira-ing tonight... :D

Sick! What are you sending this first go round?

Sick! What are you sending this first go round?
Auroral, Sepal and more are slated so far. But again, we don't hide much. As soon as things are concrete, we announce :)

Hey sleepydave, will MA see just draft or bottles too? Here's to hoping Auroral and Lambent find their way to Cambridge!
MA will see draft and bottles. Auroral is headed that way, but Lambent may never get brewed again. Took us over six months to move a very small amount in the tasting room, so a rebrew isn't super appealing at this point.

Auroral, Sepal and more are slated so far. But again, we don't hide much. As soon as things are concrete, we announce :)

MA will see draft and bottles. Auroral is headed that way, but Lambent may never get brewed again. Took us over six months to move a very small amount in the tasting room, so a rebrew isn't super appealing at this point.
:(

Rebrew and send it all to Maine, please

Awesome re: distro. Really surprised about Lambent, which was one of the highlights of my visit to the brewery.

I like her too. But sadly the numbers speak for themselves. Maybe give her another go and split the batch between VT and MA to see how the new markets react to her.
Don't give up on that beer, Dave... it's way too good. Had some last night (raspberry/passionfruit), and came to this thread just to remark on how absolutely delicious it was.

Don't give up on that beer, Dave... it's way too good. Had some last night (raspberry/passionfruit), and came to this thread just to remark on how absolutely delicious it was.
I appreciate it, but unfortunately delicious doesn't correlate with sales on that beer. It's probably our most talked about beer, but it's also in the top two slowest sellers for us (go figure). I literally can't afford to tie up our kegs for that long with no turnover. Especially with us moving to more distribution.

Last edited:

Whatttttttttttttt :(

If I'm overstepping by constantly updating please just let me know. But beforehand...

As someone in Colorado who would like to visit your brewery but may never be able to, I think your constant updates are great and are incredibly insightful into the real world challenges of opening a new brewery. I say keep them coming.

Wait. Seriously?!? Only thing I can think of is growler package, although I definitely got some growlers when I was there last.

Celebrating my anniversary weekend in Portsmouth in 2 weeks. Looking forward doing a detour to this place!

20160312_222830_zpsxmsjnbej.jpg

Point out the people who weren't drinking this to me and I will take a dump in their kitchen.

sleepydave Do you update your tap/bottle list trough Facebook? Will Lambent last until this upcoming Saturday? Either way, I will definitely be stopping by.

sleepydave Do you update your tap/bottle list trough Facebook? Will Lambent last until this upcoming Saturday? Either way, I will definitely be stopping by.
I'm actually updating that this very moment. Should be up now and up-to-date. Lambent will almost absolutely last till then. We just tapped the last half barrel on Saturday from what I was told. We also may have squirreled away one sixtel for a potential event on the 24th. But they were supposed to announce it last week and still havent, so I have to touch base before we say anything else about that. However, segue, the 25th and 26th of this month, as of right now, we have a Lexington BBQ contender coming in to do a pop up on both days!
Point out the people who weren't drinking this to me and I will take a dump in their kitchen.
Originally brewed 9/10/15. And just hitting the last of her now. That's a damn long time to tie up kegs for a little operation like us.

If auroral was available in cans i'd buy it buy the case. Perfect summer beer.
No plans on canning anything at this time unless a lot of things change for the worse. We prefer 100% inert packaging. Whenever we talk with suppliers for any canning options, everyone says "our linings are basically inert." Which translates to "not inert." Sorry to segue, but to me currently, canning is like serving beer in plastic cups. You won't find us doing it unless our backs are to the goddamn wall. However, this remains my personal opinion and not the opinion of the business as a whole.

Latest posts

Back