Deciduous Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sleepydave I know it's early, but how does this Saturday look?
Sadly probably not great. Frank and Maryann are gone for the week, so it's me with some first time helpers for front of house. I'm triple brewing this week as well and we are closed up front Thursday/Friday this week.

I have some on the way not sure the Hoppy stuff would make it till the transient release though...

Wont be making to the release this time around. He moved it to a weekend I already had plans during.

Are you doing IP with Dunt ? If so I have an brother soigne, bf fpa, and a 500ml of the 5gallons of test batch of lambent for him that my lazy ass never sent.

I wish we were doing an IP in Portland. I am strongly pushing to head back to Maine next summer.

Definitely, we'll figure something out here asap! You're always welcomed to come up, just I won't have much time to hang out and have a drink or two.

yeah, probably save the trip for a better weekend

Looking forward to these.... esp. the Lambent...

12049150_10204906821771403_8433410125137795908_n.jpg

Any chance someone wants to swap 2-3 growlers for some HF bottles? Would love to check these out.

Anybody have an introspection yet? I had one today and it definitely tasted off to me. It had a sour and vegetable flavor. Possibly infected?

Couple of people in my tasting group said it tasted like shoe polish.

Anybody have an introspection yet? I had one today and it definitely tasted off to me. It had a sour and vegetable flavor. Possibly infected?

I mean, it's fermented with brett... so.. yes. I haven't had the pleasure yet, so can't help you further.

Brian, just seeing this now. Am currently in the middle of dinner, but shoot me a pm and we'll make it right.
That beer is closed up tighter than (insert terrible analogy) at sub 50F. The almonds used definitely played a little more oddly than anticipated with the phenols in the nose (and I'll be straining them out next time) But the palate should have no issues whatsoever. We topped off barrels last week and we tasted another 38 bottles (oz per bottle before going into the oak)
It is a base built for a barrel so folks should be looking at this as our big john/night stalker, not bourbon county. It's bittered for the barrel.

Brian, just seeing this now. Am currently in the middle of dinner, but shoot me a pm and we'll make it right.
That beer is closed up tighter than (insert terrible analogy) at sub 50F. The almonds used definitely played a little more oddly than anticipated with the phenols in the nose (and I'll be straining them out next time) But the palate should have no issues whatsoever. We topped off barrels last week and we tasted another 38 bottles (oz per bottle before going into the oak)
It is a base built for a barrel so folks should be looking at this as our big john/night stalker, not bourbon county. It's bittered for the barrel.

Thanks for the reply Dave. I'm not worried about making things right, it just didn't taste anything like the way I was expecting and I wasn't sure if something was wrong that you should be made aware of or not. You make great beers and I can't love them all, but they are all worth trying for sure.

So no worries on making things right, but thank you very much for the offer :)

Thanks for the reply Dave. I'm not worried about making things right, it just didn't taste anything like the way I was expecting and I wasn't sure if something was wrong that you should be made aware of or not. You make great beers and I can't love them all, but they are all worth trying for sure.

So no worries on making things right, but thank you very much for the offer :)
Appreciate the kind words. And appreciate the heads up, always welcomed!
Shoot the FB page or here a message when you're coming back up and we can crack an Introspection in the back and see if you experienced a variation. The almonds do seem to finally be melding a little more fwiw. Ah, the fun of live culture work :) Everything is an exercise in pass/fail with each customer's palate. That's why we make more than one beer :pHopefully the winter porters will fit the bill a little better for you!

Last edited:
Back