Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cantillon: '13 Fou Foune, Blabaer, LP (Any), Saint Lamvinus
3F: Armand Seasons, Framboos, Schaerbeekse Kriek, Hommage
Lost Abbey: CC, CC Kriek (why not), Duck Duck Gooze
Hill Farmstead: Genealogy of Morales, Mimosa, Juicy, Damon, Flora Satsuma, Sours
Goose Island: King Henry, Proprietors, BCBS Rare, BCBVS
Cigar City: BA Huna, Life is Like...
FFF: Murda’d Out Stout, BA Behemoth, BA Dark Lord
Allagash: Coolship, Merveilleux
Kate The Great
New Glarus: Very Sour Blackberry
Voodoo: PVW Black Magick, K13, GNVP Lairds Apple Brandy
Bruery: SitR Peaches, Bois Brandy/French Oak/Am. Oak, Marone Acidifie, Wineification
Crooked Stave: WWB Violet, Persica
Westbrook: ABBA Mexican Cake
Jester King: Auerelian Lure, Nocturn Chrysalis

Is this list too hard or has this thread gone ghost town? Usually people at least throw around some beer talk or other such bs in here...

Hill Farmstead: Genealogy of Morales, Mimosa, Juicy, Damon, Flora Satsuma, Sours
Kate The Great
Bruery: SitR Peaches, Bois Brandy/French Oak/Am. Oak, Marone Acidifie,*

Is this list too hard or has this thread gone ghost town? Usually people at least throw around some beer talk or other such bs in here...

I just drank a PVW Black Magick and WWBV on New Year's Day. Both were fantastic.

You should have updated your list sooner!

Lol, damnit! I had some good beers over the holidays as well. Caractere Rouge was a definite highlight, Atrial Rubicite and Black Tuesday as well.

Edit: Hey! I updated on the 30th, you're the one who was late! :p

Kate The Great
Bruery: SitR Peaches, Bois Brandy/French Oak/Am. Oak, Marone Acidifie,*

I'd say at least 80% is stuff you've got no chance of getting from a MAW.

I'd say at least 80% is stuff you've got no chance of getting from a MAW.

Ouch! Thanks for the support... Wishes aren't necessesarily supposed to be realistic or easy. I will add more as we go. Just good to see people atleast talking in here again!

Ouch! Thanks for the support... Wishes aren't necessesarily supposed to be realistic or easy. I will add more as we go. Just good to see people atleast talking in here again!

I dunno about 80%, but there is a high percentage of stuff that just aint going to happen. This is not the easy maw, but is also not supposed to be the hardest trading beers ever list. I mean by all means wish for them, but you need to have something that's at least quasi-attainable. The allagash coolship variety is quintessential maw quality: everyone wants it and they aren't the easiest to get but aren't fou'foune.

I'm not trying to bash your wishlist. Someone will grant it eventually. But if your wondering why it's slow, its because its a pretty tough list. I wish I had the cellar to grant it! Dudes here are generous, it's not that your getting snubbed. Hang in there.

I don't think EVERYTHING on my list is unobtainable. The only way something is going to 100% not happen is if you don't ask for it...

Don't ask questions you don't want answered.

A lot of the beers on your list have shown up on a lot of other lists, but those lists also had some easier to obtain (or easier to part with) beers. Example: I have given away Darkness, Parabola, Bomb, SitR Kumquat, etc as extras/MAW before; but the likelihood of giving up a Rare, CC, Fou Foune, Very Sour Blackberry, Duck Duck Gooze, etc are slim, let alone giving up 2. That said, the list is still young, so no need to make it "easy", but adding more beers like Loerik, DBD, Deviation, Dave are probably not realistic. Some limited releases that locals may be able to get that you cant in your area, such as Huna, BBpt5, Black Note, Atrial Rubicite, WCMH are more likely.

Yeah, I actually have or have a lot of those on the way already through trades. My next plan is to release the "BA" part of some of these. I figured I'd make a large list of big wants, let it ride a few days and add as I go from there until it gets granted.

Thank you for the constructive criticism. Again I'm just glad people are at least talking in here again.

Cigar City: ANY Huna, Life is Like...
FFF: Murda’d Out Stout, BA Behemoth, ANY Dark Lord
Kate The Great
Bruery: SitR Peaches/kumquats, Bois Brandy/French Oak/Am. Oak, Marone Acidifie, ANY Anniversary prior to Bois, Wineification

Made a couple minor adjustments for now.

Well, I've got two now with your update, but one I received as a MAW so that wouldn't be cool of me to give away.

I hate when people make posts like that and now I'm doing it, haha.

Anyway, add one more that hits my cellar (that wasn't a MAW gift) and I'll grant.

Cigar City: ANY Huna, Life is Like...
FFF: Murda’d Out Stout, BA Behemoth, ANY Dark Lord
Kate The Great
Bruery: SitR Peaches/kumquats, Bois Brandy/French Oak/Am. Oak, Marone Acidifie, ANY Anniversary prior to Bois, Wineification
Jester King: Auerelian Lure, Nocturn Chrysalis, Atrial Rubicite
Surly: Darkness
Bells: Black Note
Perennial: BA Abraxas
Alesmith: BA Speedway Stout
FiftyFifty: PVW Eclipse

Disclaimer: Not that it will probably matter but I would call this granted with a single bottle of Wineification, an Armand Season or CC Kriek.

Added a few more

This list is reasonable and will eventually get picked up. Let it ride, the one you picked up sat around for a while too.

Was never in a hurry to get picked up. Got plenty of goodies coming in regular trades to tide me over. Mostly was just was wondering where the heck everyone went. (eMAW...)

Was never in a hurry to get picked up. Got plenty of goodies coming in regular trades to tide me over. Mostly was just was wondering where the heck everyone went. (eMAW...)

You're asking for someone to send you some of the most coveted beers in the world. You could show a bit more enthusiasm...

OK, there must be some people watching this thread who have some of these.

Hoping they are willing to please part with one or two :D :

Hair of the Dog Any from the Wood

Hair of the Dog Flanders Fred

Russian River Beatification

Allagash Gargamel

Allagash Vagabond

Allagash any Coolship

Jester King Atrial Rubicite

Jester King Aurelian Lure

Jester King Nocturn Chrysalis

Hill Farmstead Mimosa
Hill Farmstead Juicy

OK, there must be some people watching this thread who have some of these.

Hoping they are willing to part with one or two :D :

Hair of the Dog Any from the Wood

Hair of the Dog Flanders Fred

Russian River Beatification

Allagash Gargamel

Allagash Vagabond

Allagash any Coolship

Jester King Atrial Rubicite

Jester King Aurelian Lure

Jester King Nocturn Chrysalis

Got one again, lol.

You are a BOSS! Can't wait to replace my porch while drinking the beer that blows it up! Thanks again!

I have zero but it's nice to see a few new bottles pop up.

Believe it or not, with the exception of the JK beers on this list (which all have been released since my last MAW), most of these have appeared on my last two MAW lists.

I kinda really want these. :)

Back