Craft Beer MAW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box from jmcm_brew. Thanks man! The coffee as an extra is stellar!

image-203846274.jpg

Bump! White chocolate removed because of the recall http://bruery.blogspot.com/2013/12/beer-issues-cacaonut-barrel-aged-autumn-maple-praecocia.html?m=1

RR FFAC
RR beatification
Bruery:
Chocolate rain
Grey Monday
Melange 3
Oude tart w cherries
Black Tuesday
SitR Peaches/Kumkwat

BottleWorks iv

Lost abbey:
DDG
Cable car

Hunahpu
Barrel aged sexual chocolate or regular

Bcbs:
Backyard rye
Cherry rye
Proprietors
Rare

CBS
Surly darkness
FFF dark lord pre 2011
Kate The Great
HF juicy,
HF bourbon barrel Damon,
HF any sour
Any Lawson's IIPA
Cantillon – Fou Foune, Bourdoux, or any Lou pepe
Westbrook – Mexican Cake
New Glarus – Very Sour Blackberry
Cascade - vlad the impaler, sang noir
Perennial - BA Abraxas
Barrel aged speedway
Logsdon peche n Brett

Bumppp... Hope everyone had a great Christmas With lots of delicious libations

RR FFAC
RR beatification
Bruery:
Chocolate rain
Grey Monday
Melange 3
Oude tart w cherries
Black Tuesday
SitR Peaches/Kumkwat

BottleWorks iv

Lost abbey:
DDG
Cable car

Hunahpu
Barrel aged sexual chocolate or regular

Bcbs:
Backyard rye
Cherry rye
Proprietors
Rare

CBS
Surly darkness
FFF dark lord pre 2011
Kate The Great
HF juicy,
HF bourbon barrel Damon,
HF any sour
Any Lawson's IIPA
Cantillon – Fou Foune, Bourdoux, or any Lou pepe
Westbrook – Mexican Cake
New Glarus – Very Sour Blackberry
Cascade - vlad the impaler, sang noir
Perennial - BA Abraxas
Barrel aged speedway
Logsdon peche n Brett

Brewbien said:
Do you think they are worth the price? My store got a 3 different ones too and its hard to justify the $30.

Mine were 25 each.. They were really good but they were given to me as gifts... Probably not good enough for me to go out and buy again anytime soon.. Just my opinion though

Do you think they are worth the price? My store got a 3 different ones too and its hard to justify the $30.

My opinion....not worth it at all. I cant understand why everyone always wants them. Id rather have three yetis.

But then again, just an opinion. Other people might say they are awesome.

My opinion....not worth it at all. I cant understand why everyone always wants them. Id rather have three yetis.

So the thirty bucks I spent should of gone elsewhere? I was on the bubble about picking up other varieties tomorrow besides the java I got the other day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

This from the guy who sent me one as a MAW extra. :D

So the thirty bucks I spent should of gone elsewhere? I was on the bubble about picking up other varieties tomorrow besides the java I got the other day

I say drink the one you bought. If you like it, get more. $30 is steep for a beer if you ask me. Ive not bought one that expensive that I felt was worth it lol

Just cause I dont understand the hype doesnt mean its no good to you're tastebuds.

Yeah I have had opportunity to purchase one in the past, but couldnt justify it. I did list it once as a MAW though.

I held off on granting this maw, because I only had two including one eclipse and I didn't think that was worth a maw grant. Then he removed it from his list and I knew I was right.

FUnny i see them poping up all over the island. Did they change distro, or make double, triple the amount recently?

Did you try the java? To YOU was it worth the price?

Prob split one three way with 3 friends, only thing that gets me is that....what are these guys doing differently to be able to charge the same price for a beer aged in an Elijah craig as a corn whiskey? 30$ is getting into that area of insanity for just a 22oz and that they cant package in 750s? Although of course there are plenty of beers that are worth over $1/oz there are 100 more that are not.
Ill stick with my $110 case of BCS.

FUnny i see them poping up all over the island. Did they change distro, or make double, triple the amount recently?

Prob split one three way with 3 friends, only thing that gets me is that....what are these guys doing differently to be able to charge the same price for a beer aged in an Elijah craig as a corn whiskey? 30$ is getting into that area of insanity for just a 22oz and that they cant package in 750s? Although of course there are plenty of beers that are worth over $1/oz there are 100 more that are not.
Ill stick with my $110 case of BCS.

This.

$30 is high. I dont get why it is so much more than other really solid oak or bourbon aged beers. Its a good beer, not dogging the taste. But when I buy a beer the $ figure does inevitably get tossed in to the overall appeal. And this ones price knocks it down a lot imo.

Just got my MAW from skeezer.

Pumped! He hooked it up.. Had the modern times, and will hit the black note tonight as well.

Thanks buddy!

1388104656353.jpg

1388104668912.jpg

This.

$30 is high. I dont get why it is so much more than other really solid oak or bourbon aged beers. Its a good beer, not dogging the taste. But when I buy a beer the $ figure does inevitably get tossed in to the overall appeal. And this ones price knocks it down a lot imo.

Philly pricing > cost of water in hell

I'm thinking I'm going to sit on it a few months...maybe crack it for Philly beer week. Backyard Rye for me was at 25.00 a pop and I would gladly pay that again.

I'm thinking I'm going to sit on it a few months...maybe crack it for Philly beer week. Backyard Rye for me was at 25.00 a pop and I would gladly pay that again.

Backyard rye was $20-$30 depending where you went here. I turned it down at $30...luckily found one for $20.

Backyard rye was $20-$30 depending where you went here. I turned it down at $30...luckily found one for $20.

I got lucky...my normal bottle shop counter guy tucked one away for me. From what I understand that cost was average for the city.

I got lucky...my normal bottle shop counter guy tucked one away for me. From what I understand that cost was average for the city.

Sounds right. I paid $24 in the burbs. Reg bcbs cost me $9/bottle which seems outrageous. I heard of other places near me that were cheaper but sold out immediately. Needless to say I only bought a couple

Sounds right. I paid $24 in the burbs. Reg bcbs cost me $9/bottle which seems outrageous. I heard of other places near me that were cheaper but sold out immediately. Needless to say I only bought a couple

My bottles at 8.95 were a bargain then? Lol
A four pack at one store was 35 bucks. So I saved a few bucks there, but most of the other shops were one bottle limit at around 9 to 11 each

Back