Cider likes it cold...but

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmd2k1

Reaction score
Wow...chilly here...-6 feels like -25!

How cold is it where u are? And what cider(s) ya making?

Gotta 5gal batch of D47 underway...SG 1.062.
Screenshot_2019-01-30-08-37-01.jpeg

Yeah, that stuff is headed my way (east coast). I'm done with cider until November, but I have a mead that I just started in my basement brew room now. Have to use a space heater to keep the temp in the 60's.

Look at it this way: you wanna cold crash something, just put it in the garage. It's colder outside than in my fridge.

not often that it's is warmer here in Canada that most of the US.

We are at 5'C here in Calgary today. Everything east of here is at least -30 though.

Damn cold.

Just started a 3 gallon with SO4 and a 5 gallon with SafCider. Waiting for the cold to hit soon.

-30 this morning and the same tonight. Both cars would not start. Might have something to do with the woodworking shop and motocycle taking up space in the garage making the cars outside ice cubes.

Just kegged a blackberry cider that is delicious.

I have 8x 1 gallon batches of cider in progress, most are in my garage. They're a few months old now.

It's currently -5°F (-21°C) here in Ohio. I'm just hoping they don't freeze & break the glass.

Oh, and I'm gradually stocking up enough FAJC to make a large batch of faux ice cider. The store only stocks like 20 cans at a time.

...and we end the day at -12F and an alert from Consumers Energy...

Ready 4 flipping spring already [emoji16]

On the D47 front...my longest startup lag to date -- took about 36hrs for it to really get churning...typically it's been 8-12hrs. Cheers & stay warm (...and thirsty my friends) [emoji111]
Screenshot_2019-01-30-22-31-18_crop_576x495.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-01-30-23-08-14_crop_704x891.jpeg

WOW! I just found out that this afternoon there was a 119 degree difference between Tampa (near me) and Minneapolis. Soooo... I'll just be a wuss and stay here.

Latest posts

Back