New to making Cider!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballixxe

Reaction score
Hello All !!

New to making cider and I think I'm near to completion on my first 10 gallon batch!!
Today is day seven and very slow going in the lock, so I cracked a bucket and took a taste.
Very dry and went straight to my head!! Two or three cups of that and I would be piled up in a corner, methinks.
Gonna take a sample tomorrow to work for an SG check. I work in a clinical lab and have access to a lab grade refractometer.
I'd bet I'm close to 1.000 or thereabouts.
Gonna back sweeten with apple concentrate and caramel after cold crash and sorbitol treatment.
Fifteen or so (gotta save some for the brewer) 1/2 gallon Christmas presents for friends and family!!

I even made a nice label !

Red_apple.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families!!!

Hello All !!

New to making cider and I think I'm near to completion on my first 10 gallon batch!!
Today is day seven and very slow going in the lock, so I cracked a bucket and took a taste.
Very dry and went straight to my head!! Two or three cups of that and I would be piled up in a corner, methinks.
Gonna take a sample tomorrow to work for an SG check. I work in a clinical lab and have access to a lab grade refractometer.
I'd bet I'm close to 1.000 or thereabouts.
Gonna back sweeten with apple concentrate and caramel after cold crash and sorbitol treatment.
Fifteen or so (gotta save some for the brewer) 1/2 gallon Christmas presents for friends and family!!

I even made a nice label !

View attachment 834459

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families!!!
Wow sounds amazing, enjoy!

Back