American Porter Chinooklehead Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's that time of year again. I'm brewing another batch of Chinooklehead Porter.

I screwed up and got the hop additions backwards. Should be interesting.

I'm late brewing it this year. Last year I brewed it in September during an early snowfall. This year the weather has been nice and we've been busy. At least it will be ready for Christmas.

Everyone likes this beer. Everyone says "I don't like dark beers." So I pour them a sampler. And then they have a pint or two. Never fails. It's funny.

Into the fermenter. OG is about 1.060.

Attachments

• 20211121_223110.jpg
    20211121_223110.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
I'm late brewing it this year. Last year I brewed it in September during an early snowfall. This year the weather has been nice and we've been busy. At least it will be ready for Christmas.

Everyone likes this beer. Everyone says "I don't like dark beers." So I pour them a sampler. And then they have a pint or two. Never fails. It's funny.

I get that too from the "I don't like dark beers" crowd.

I'd like to say mine will be around at Christmas, but that would be wishful thinking. Fermented this batch with MJ Liberty Bell, and I'm quite pleased with it. It fermented fast and dropped like a stone.

Well I finally have time so brewing today. Using 0.3 ounce homegrown nugget at 30 minutes just because I have them. Substituted special roast for the brown malt. Plus C90 because they don't sell C80. Will have to see how it works out.

Last edited:
Well I finally have time so brewing today. Using 0.3 ounce homegrown nugget at 30 minutes just because I have them. Substituted special roast for the brown malt. Plus C90 because they don't sell C80. Will have to see how it works out.
Well it turned out great, 5%abv and I have a hard time only drinking one. Swapping out the brown malt for special roast 1:1 was worked.
Thanks for a great recipe, this one will definitely be brewed again.
Was a nice Brown color unless in the evening sun.

Attachments

• IMG_20230505_174645478_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230505_174645478_HDR.jpg
    751.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back