Cellar science labs: any thoughts? Strains used?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cellar Science is just the name Brewmaster/MoreBeer puts on stuff they repackage.

I would venture a guess that it's repackaged US-05.

Makes sense why I was having trouble finding anything. I actually had a 'duh' moment and searched the forums here a second ago and saw your post saying just that. Thanks.

Cellar Science is just the name Brewmaster/MoreBeer puts on stuff they repackage.

I would venture a guess that it's repackaged US-05.

It wholesales for considerably less, we sell bricks of 05 for $20 more at full retail. It would be pretty stupid for them to do that.

It wholesales for considerably less, we sell bricks of 05 for $20 more at full retail. It would be pretty stupid for them to do that.
I don't understand.
It's stupid for "Cellar Science" to buy 05 at wholesale, repackage, and then sell at a slightly marked down price?

Sorry to bring up and old post, but since it isn't *too* old and there was no final answer - I'm going to add:

This is not likely the same as 05. It might be closely related, but this is quicker to start fermentation and creates a very fast, vigorous fermentation in comparison. The info says it is a strain available to commercial breweries but they are the first to repackage it in smaller quantities....so that also points to not being 05.

Still not sure exactly what it is, but I am pretty sure it isn't US-05

Back