Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just chillin.
20191126_210023.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't recall if I posted this or not. We're still feeding and housing four feral cats: Xerox, Odo, Midnight and Gul de Kat--shouldn't have named them. They got kicked out of their place across the street by the bully, The Emperor Ming.
In any case, they've got a pretty nice hook up with food and water every day plus shelter in the winter. I keep an eye out for Ming and spray him with tap water.
I made three giant Rubbermaid homes with Styrofoam lining on all six sides plus straw (Michigan). I assisted my wife in making a wooden box with roof, large enough to cover all three with lots of space and lots of exits so they can't be cornered.

Don't recall if I posted this or not. We're still feeding and housing four feral cats: Xerox, Odo, Midnight and Gul de Kat--shouldn't have named them. They got kicked out of their place across the street by the bully, The Emperor Ming.
In any case, they've got a pretty nice hook up with food and water every day plus shelter in the winter. I keep an eye out for Ming and spray him with tap water.
I made three giant Rubbermaid homes with Styrofoam lining on all six sides plus straw (Michigan). I assisted my wife in making a wooden box with roof, large enough to cover all three with lots of space and lots of exits so they can't be cornered.

We have 3 ferals that rotate through. 2 large bags of kibble a month on our Chewy order just for them :)

That's nice. Chewy's great. At the moment, it's the purple Costco bag--whatever that's called.
We had five ferals. Now and then, one just doesn't show up anymore. I pretend that they were taken in by a nice family.
If all goes well, we'll get them neutered in the spring. There are some decent options.

Wife sent me this of Half Pint today. I’ve been taking HP with me when I go out on the weekends. She’s been to the bank, liquor store, Home Depot, LHBS and other places. She is a chill kitty and people just love to meet her.
I had one woman ask to hold her telling me she highly allergic to cats. :eek: She said she has done research on hypoallergenic cats and may never meet another one. Devon Rex being the #1 hypoallergenic cat. She said she has Benadryl in her purse and knows the drill. She walked around with HP for 5 minutes loving on her with no effect. I have no idea what happened to her. I hope she’s still alive or at least has a Sphynx. :)

With all of HP travels and peoples smiles it has me researching making her a therapy cat.
2C2C5741-DC23-4863-B24C-A633E439738C.jpeg

Last edited:
Clockwise, starting at 9: Hogarth (3 years old), Dashel (7) and Crunch (10). I'd love to say they're tight, but Dashel still has a tiny bee in his bonnet about Hogarth. It's something difficult to understand since Hogarth is basically a shiny rainbow in cat form, personality-wise.
3.jpg

This is Moose. He's new. Sooo friendly, it's almost bizarre. I was far too optimistic in believing I could get a whole bunch of clear shots.
He did well in the litter box--at first. Everything was fine until he went crazy and began batting urine/litter chunks around.
I'll let my wife get a couple better ones.
Moose.jpg

This is Moose. He's new. Sooo friendly, it's almost bizarre. I was far too optimistic in believing I could get a whole bunch of clear shots.
He did well in the litter box--at first. Everything was fine until he went crazy and began batting urine/litter chunks around.
View attachment 662191
Cute tabby

View attachment 662191
Adorable. And I consider a little craziness a sign of a bright, active kitten, and a sign of lots of fun ahead. Look forward to more pics!

Cute baby!! My big boy when a kitten decided he didn't like the litter in the box and decided to empty it out all over the bathroom floor. SWMBO wasn't amused though I was laughing the entire time it took me to clean it up!!

Back