Can More Beer's Blonde Ale be used as a base for a Pumpkin Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonzoAPD

Reaction score
Can More Beer's Blonde Ale be used as a base for a Pumpkin Ale? I have one of these kits that I did not brew yet and was wondering if it could be used as a base to make a pumpkin ale. If so, what should be added to make a good, sweet pumpkin ale?

Of course!!

I prefer on more like Sam Adams with some crystal 80, but you can make a pumpkin IPA if you have no fear.

Ok since I don't like cinnamon or spices, I want to make my own pumpkin beer. Thinking of using the blonde ale kit I already have and adding cooked pumpkin with brown sugar. Do you think this will turn out well?

Won't get much from the brown sugar....I would still add some crystal malt, even without spices.

8 oz crystal 60 maybe.

What are wanting from this beer?

Won't get much from the brown sugar....I would still add some crystal malt, even without spices.

8 oz crystal 60 maybe.

What are wanting from this beer?

I meant that I am going to cook the pumpkin with brown sugar so it has a nice flavor, then add it to the pot. Not adding brown sugar by itself into the pot.

wjohnsen said:
How much for a 5 gallon batch?

I was thinking of trying two 60 oz cans of pumpkin. Not sure how much brown sugar I will cook the pumpkin with yet. Then depending on the taste afterwards may add more pumpkin to the secondary if it needs it

Just reading in another board that it is really just the pumpkin pie spices that give it the flavor. I like simple so thought I would try this first.

Back