C02 distributer - one of the six lines not working?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeru

AnarchoFermentalist
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a strange problem with my C02 lines. I recently updated from a 4 to a 6 keg keezer, and got a new 6 way manifold. For the first couple months everything has been fine, and all the C02 lines have been working. But recently one of the lines (the second in the chain) stopped pushing out any C02. I removed the ball lock disconnect and opened the valve and nothing came out. I then did the same with the other line and it worked just fine (so it's definitely not out of C02).

Does anyone have any idea why one of the lines in the manifold would just stop working?

Can you post a picture of the manifold in question?
Or, do you know if the shut-off valves have integrated check valves (ie: back-flow preventers)?
If so, and they're of the spring-loaded ball style, one might have gotten stuck in closed position..

Cheers!

Oh maybe that is it! I will check. Fingers crossed that's all it is

This is the manifold. I was hoping it would be easier to check if a ball was stuck but looks like I might have to take the whole thing off to be able to unscrew it. it’s the second from the left one that doesn’t work. All the rest are fine
C2E55E27-8573-4712-9503-F0C3B0297EF9.jpeg

Just checked, and the Shut offs have built in one way check valves

I have the same model, and one of mine stopped working recently as well.

Haven't spent any time trying to troubleshoot yet.

Good luck and let us know if you solve the problem.

Apparently the solution is to crank up the psi to 30 and blast it through. That’s the first thing I tried and it didn’t work. But when I get home I’ll try cranking it to 35 or more. I will report back.

edit: the other thing to try is removing all the lines and letting it soak in hot water. The culprit is usually beer backed up in the line, or just condensation from the fridge gumming it up. I’m told that if the C02 blast doesn’t work, that’s the next step.

Last edited:
This is the manifold. I was hoping it would be easier to check if a ball was stuck but looks like I might have to take the whole thing off to be able to unscrew it. it’s the second from the left one that doesn’t work. All the rest are fine.
My manifolds (same look, but 4-channel) had a lot of thick cutting grease and aluminum filings in it. It's very possible the little opening on the inside of that valve got stopped up. Or the check valve ball is just stuck.

It's only 4 screws to remove the manifold, just unscrew the faulty valve and check it out. All the others can remain in place, hoses and all.
Use a few turns of teflon tape on the threads when reassembling. There is not much thread in the body so be careful not to cross threads and be gentle when torquing. Use more tape if you want it to end up facing forward. Test the whole thing for leaks.

I redid all of mine, the whole assembly was quite deplorable.

Just a note...
Leave the little red handles only in 90 degree positions; some tend to leak when left in between. I did have one leaking valve when touched at the open position, and ended up replacing it. I have not found a way to disassemble them without damaging the little plastic ball valve seat, while removing the little shaft.

Thanks. I might have to do that. Blasting it with higher pressure C02 didn’t work for me.

Back