Burned a 1/4 in hole in my grain bag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortal888

Reaction score
Sooooo....I forgot to lift the bag when adjusting heat while mini mashing about 15 minutes into it. When i picked the bag up, it stuck to the bottom but I couldn't see the quarter inch hole so didn't know it was there. Finished the other 30 minutes of the steeping, sparged, emptied the bag in the garden and found the hole.

4 lbs of grain staid in the bag, but a hefty four finger pinch of the grain ended up in the wort.

I filtered it some when putting it in the primary, got most if not all of the husks, but the filter in my funnel clogged frequently with a thin film and I had to stop, empty the filter, then continue 5 times. (first time using a funnel filter)

As my first beer after a long hiatus, and for my new kegerator coming next week, what should I expect with this brew?

Beer.

Plain and simple, that little bit of grain and husks will probably not impact your beer's taste enough to notice.:mug:

Yeah, I agree, you should be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back