Bud Commercial - "Brewed the Hard Way"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grossy

Reaction score
From Fox News: "Small brewer strikes back at controversial Super Bowl Bud ad with video of its own"

Budweiser quotes:
“It’s brewed for drinking not dissecting"

"Let them sip their pumpkin peach ale. We'll be brewing us some golden suds.''​
Abita Brewing Co Quotes:
"We're Louisiana. Proudly American-owned. Yeah, we made a pumpkin peach beer. And it was good. Damn good.''

“I guess I don’t have any experience brewing with rice and corn, it must be hard,"​

I don't know nothin' about consolidatin' no threads Mr Tero -- but I did get led to this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wc-B1WrJmJI[/ame]

Well, since Bud owns it now, maybe they'll just toss the peach in the punkin & have the Clydesdales wizz in it?:D

Hey now, I'm sure it takes lots of skill to make a beer that is consistently boring.

Bud bought a craft brewery that makes Pumpkin Peach Ale. Evidently, no-one told the ad agency. That said- why do we have to take sides? I like almost all beers (but not pumpkin peach ale) that are really beers. You can keep the weird fruit additives but I like a nice lager or three after a good workout in the heat. My homebrew ales are great. European beers are almost all good. There is a world of beer to enjoy. I guess that Bud is just fighting back because of lost market share.

Heck yeah! After working out in the yard on a hot summer day, nothing tastes better to me than an ice cold Busch light. I don't mind admitting it.

Doesn't Bud (Elysian)

As I said in another thread, Bud owns Elysian like Ferrari owns Jeep.

Having the same parent company does not mean you "own" each other. They're just brands in a product portfolio, autonomous companies with their own head offices and their own advertising divisions, who just happen to answer to the same group of shareholders.

Another thread about something already thoroughly discussed across several other threads.

Not to defend Budweiser, but let's not forget that it actually is extremely difficult to brew.

First off, that many adjuncts is going to require a cereal mash, which can be a real bummer. The beer is then lagered in near-record time in order to keep up with the demand, and the beer ALWAYS tastes the same. Now, if they were still only brewing in St. Louis that wouldn't be such a big deal. But they aren't. They are brewing in dozens of breweries all over the world, each with a completely different water supply, and it would stand to reason that there are big differences in the hop, barley and rice crops they receive. All of this needs to be adjusted on site in order to make a beer that ALWAYS tastes the same. Like McDonald's or Starbucks, Budweiser tastes exactly the same whether you are in Philadelphia or Manila. That's really freakin hard to do, and even though I hate their beer I do admire their skill and I think it needs to be pointed out.

I'm going to go drink my Mosaic/El Dorado/Citra/Amarillo Imperial Brown Ale now, but that won't stop me from admiring just how much work goes into making a Bud. Yeah, it's piss, but it's consistent piss. How many of us can make the same beer over and over with the same results? Not that we'd want to, of course.

:ban::ban::ban:

Latest posts

Back