Bruery Societies 2017 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“Vindictive 2”
Never again will I purchase anything in this “series.” Horrific raw oak and solvent alcohol mess. This is like a 6:1 ratio of boxed wine blended with black tuesday. Its hard to imagine this being worse than the late takes of wineification and vindictive 1...but it is

I opened up a bottle of Vindictive 2 a few weeks ago. I am not a connoisseur of wine, but enjoyed it. A stout, but wine forward.

I haven't opened up a bottle of OTWB, but the last time I had it on draft, was coffee forward, and maple was subtle. I was a little surprised, since the first time I had it on draft I noticed mostly maple, some coffee.

I opened up a bottle of Vindictive 2 a few weeks ago. I am not a connoisseur of wine, but enjoyed it. A stout, but wine forward.

I haven't opened up a bottle of OTWB, but the last time I had it on draft, was coffee forward, and maple was subtle. I was a little surprised, since the first time I had it on draft I noticed mostly maple, some coffee.

I dont think we didnt drink the same thing. There was nothing stout about my vindictive 2 experience.
Im dissapointed in myself for not taking a picture... it was translucent red.

I dont think we didnt drink the same thing. There was nothing stout about my vindictive 2 experience.
Im dissapointed in myself for not taking a picture... it was translucent red.

Have you had Black Tuesday Port Barrel yet? We had it at the FW Invitational, and it was like, didn't even seem like Black Tuesday, it looked thin and was colored red like you mentioned.

It was also hot garbage. A couple of guys liked it. I thought it sucked worse than any BT variant by far.

****in' 3 more bottles of that ****.

Loved OTWB though.

34704830_10214716192292889_5565653556867891200_n.jpg

Have you had Black Tuesday Port Barrel yet? We had it at the FW Invitational, and it was like, didn't even seem like Black Tuesday, it looked thin and was colored red like you mentioned.

It was also hot garbage. A couple of guys liked it. I thought it sucked worse than any BT variant by far.

****in' 3 more bottles of that ****.

Loved OTWB though.

34704830_10214716192292889_5565653556867891200_n.jpg

I thought I posted in here about it... holy ****, all the way back in december:
I cant believe this. BT Port is ****ed. There is no way this is how they intended it to taste. Its completely oxidized - tastes like soy sauce, cardboard and what I imagine moldy wood would taste like of you dared put it in your mouth.

Holy hell.

My buddies ran down to DC this weekend to secure purchases we made the last couple months.

They brought home a couple crowlers. 2 were “Brusicles” or whatever lactose fruit sour things. Honestly, they tasted like orange juice and pineapple juice... something I woulda crushed with breakfast if given the chance.

They also got a crowler of the 10th anniversary old ale labeled as “maple pecan” and holy **** that was like drinking maple syrup and chasing it with a shot of bourbon.

Supposedly another “Hoarders exclusive” box set is dropping today. I havent even drank a bottle from the first release yet.... wonder if this one will have a drink by yesterday suggestion to one-up their best by indicator from last time.

Supposedly another “Hoarders exclusive” box set is dropping today. I havent even drank a bottle from the first release yet.... wonder if this one will have a drink by yesterday suggestion to one-up their best by indicator from last time.
I still wanna know what is going on with Etan. They pulled it from the store, I've yet to see a bottle anywhere and I believe matedog commented that it was slightly sour. Have you tried that one yet?

I still wanna know what is going on with Etan. They pulled it from the store, I've yet to see a bottle anywhere and I believe matedog commented that it was slightly sour. Have you tried that one yet?

****ing Christ.... say it isnt so.

8 posts up, I mentioned I had the draft/crowler version that had a ****ton of maple syrup dumped into it. It was so overtaken by maple that it was hard to taste anything but maple and the alcohol burn.

This gives me reason to open both Etain bourbon and the red wine version tonight.

I had it on draft and I don’t think infections are typically an issue with draft, but I never quite understood why, so that might be misinformation. Also, had an ipa before which doesn’t tend to warp my pallet too much, but might have.

I had it on draft and I don’t think infections are typically an issue with draft, but I never quite understood why, so that might be misinformation. Also, had an ipa before which doesn’t tend to warp my pallet too much, but might have.
Draft can become infected, it's just a lot less likely.

I'm so butthurt as I have at least a bottle of each going back to Coton (or Cuir, which ever is the earliest I forget) with intention of a a very dumb vert. I should have bought and paid shipping when I had the chance.

I'm so butthurt as I have at least a bottle of each going back to Coton (or Cuir, which ever is the earliest I forget) with intention of a a very dumb vert. I should have bought and paid shipping when I had the chance.

Do you still want one? A bottle shop im going past today en route to a wedding just advertised having it for sale starting yesterday, id imagine its still there today

Im a failure and didnt get around to opening mine last night like I wanted to. Instead, with the announcement of the next hoarder box set my buds and I dived in to the first 6. The beers were a mind****... I liked all the ones I thought I wouldnt and didnt like the ones I thought I would.

BT vanilla is nothing special, just tastes like a super hot/fresh BT with anise/cola/vanilla aftertaste
Sangria BT was quite sweeter, the fruit additions were noticeable i liked it
Black and Blue and Red all over with vanilla is a mess. Tastes like bitter medicine
Room for little is a baby version of room for me/more. Amazing stone fruit nose, tart as hell
Cherum stomp is a solid berliner albeit a little more sour then id prefer, the limes are there
Raspberry kisses is kinda medicinal but has the most chery flavor ive had in a beer that boozy

Do you still want one? A bottle shop im going past today en route to a wedding just advertised having it for sale starting yesterday, id imagine its still there today

Im a failure and didnt get around to opening mine last night like I wanted to. Instead, with the announcement of the next hoarder box set my buds and I dived in to the first 6. The beers were a mind****... I liked all the ones I thought I wouldnt and didnt like the ones I thought I would.

BT vanilla is nothing special, just tastes like a super hot/fresh BT with anise/cola/vanilla aftertaste
Sangria BT was quite sweeter, the fruit additions were noticeable i liked it
Black and Blue and Red all over with vanilla is a mess. Tastes like bitter medicine
Room for little is a baby version of room for me/more. Amazing stone fruit nose, tart as hell
Cherum stomp is a solid berliner albeit a little more sour then id prefer, the limes are there
Raspberry kisses is kinda medicinal but has the most chery flavor ive had in a beer that boozy

Yeah I agree. The ones that had the hype or past bottles were kind of ehh.

Vanilla BT wasn’t ****
Cheryl stomp wasn’t awful but it was ehh
Raspberry kisses was great I thought
Sangria Tuesday hit all the flavors was great
Black and blue and red I actually thought was the best of the bunch.

My local grocer has eliminated their Bruery stock.

Guess it wasn't moving.

My local grocer has eliminated their Bruery stock.

Guess it wasn't moving.

I'm pretty sure they pulled out of West Michigan earlier this year without announcing it. Supposedly the distributor was making room for new inventory, but that was back in January and we've seen exactly zero new product from them since. It sucks, but it did lead to buying a bunch of crazily discounted bottles from a couple of different stores. Everything left on the shelf is the retail priced, pre-firesale stuff that stores seem unwilling to mark down and everybody else refuses to purchase.

But damn does this sound brutally awful:
mail

It does. But then, I thought the same thing about Melange #9 and just cracked one over the weekend, the original Hoarder's batch from 2014, and it was ****ing great. If anybody can make this absurdity work, it is the Bruery. Of course, I'm not enough of a baller to be a Hoarders Society member, so I don't anticipate finding out how they did.

It does. But then, I thought the same thing about Melange #9 and just cracked one over the weekend, the original Hoarder's batch from 2014, and it was ****ing great. If anybody can make this absurdity work, it is the Bruery. Of course, I'm not enough of a baller to be a Hoarders Society member, so I don't anticipate finding out how they did.
4x 375ml bottles are already included in membership and we have the option to buy 8x more. Myself and the guys I split a membership with have zero interest in buying any of the extra 8 we are offered.

Cost + label me and i can get you however many you want (up to 8) i think they are ~15 a piece pre discount/tax

mail

I for one, am absolutely stoked that one of my faves is back.

But damn does this sound brutally awful:
mail
My wife popped a lady boner when she saw imperial cabinet was making a reappearance... i wonder if its the sameish as before. unless its a typo in the email/website, it appears to be +1% abv from last time which is probably enough of a margin for my wife to complain that its terrible in comparison to what she remembers it being :rolleyes:

in other news, good old Bruery performed one hell of a stunt toying with my buddy’s emotions on twitter/instagram. he recently broke his hoarders crystal glass. posted the shattered remains on instagram saying “please can anyone help me replace my most cherished glass?” Bruery immediately responded saying they got spares in the warehouse, just shoot them an email and he can buy one. so he did, and their response was “better luck next time, we dont have any but maybe in the future.”

See #9 sounded awesome and tastes awesome IMHO.

My wife popped a lady boner when she saw imperial cabinet was making a reappearance... i wonder if its the sameish as before. unless its a typo in the email/website, it appears to be +1% abv from last time which is probably enough of a margin for my wife to complain that its terrible in comparison to what she remembers it being :rolleyes:

in other news, good old Bruery performed one hell of a stunt toying with my buddy’s emotions on twitter/instagram. he recently broke his hoarders crystal glass. posted the shattered remains on instagram saying “please can anyone help me replace my most cherished glass?” Bruery immediately responded saying they got spares in the warehouse, just shoot them an email and he can buy one. so he did, and their response was “better luck next time, we dont have any but maybe in the future.”

Yeah I like Imperial Cabinet, just on the cusp of being a repeat purchase, but didn't pull the trigger. Had they offered it in a month that didn't include Windowsill, American Anthem and Frucht: Everything But The Kitchen Sink (and me being at De Garde in 2 weeks) I would prolly have taken a chance on this batch.

That glass was a Bruery moment if there ever was.

4x 375ml bottles are already included in membership and we have the option to buy 8x more. Myself and the guys I split a membership with have zero interest in buying any of the extra 8 we are offered.

Cost + label me and i can get you however many you want (up to 8) i think they are ~15 a piece pre discount/tax

About 95% sure I have this taken care of thanks to another member who kindly made me the same offer via PM. On the off chance that falls through I will gladly take you up on this offer. Thanks!

I really hope Imperial Cabinet is the same. It was one of my favorites. I also remember it having to be drank rather quickly as many of the flavors did not last very long.

I was kind of joking on my original post. Then I saw or xata and mischief cans and realized...

Edit: having a hell of a time getting gif to display. Insert joker I'm ahead of the curve gif here please.:confused:

Last edited:
Dabbled into some new to me Bruery bottles last night with the guys.

Cherry chocolate rain is better than I imagined it could/would be. Using tart cherries in it was a solid choice as it was front and center cutting through the typical monsterous alcohol and sweetness that chocolate rain has. This beer clocking in at 19% is just stupid. I bet if they cut the abv in half, it would be not only amazing but a beer that people would get excited about.

Kyuri dragon - a blonde sour with cucumber and a basket full of other **** i cant remember. This is the second or maybe third bruery sour ive had in the last year that I didnt mind and would maybe drink again if given the opportunity. I dont know why... but I dont really like cucumbers but in beer its weird enjoyable and strangely refreshing. Cucumber and sourness was all I perceived in it - no idea what the rest of the adjuncts contributed.

Both Etain bourbon and Etain wine barrel.
The wine version was ~2% less abv than the bourbon version but somehow inversely tasted more boozy. The wine version was more herbal/bitter/medicinal and lacked the straight up sugar content that normally comprises Bruery anniversary old ales. Bourbon was exactly as expected and tasted better balanced than the wine.

I heard rumours that Etain was infected so these were kept in the fridge. I saw/smelled/tasted nothing that would indicate their is an issue (this might not be the case for bottles stored warm or opened at a later date though.) If someone was drinking the wine version and mistakenly thought it was bourbon, I could see the cause for alarm.

Even though it is cheaper per ounce than in the bottle... a $55 four pack of cans just really rubs me weird.

I hear yeah. Modern Times is charging around $32 per 2pack of their 12oz BA cans right. So I guess it could be worse. $64 /4pack for 12oz cans.

What did I miss??

New Bruery allocation for the month is perplexing to say the least. Beer is called “you asked for it” which is BT blended with **** and nilla beans.

In prior months I thought it was spiffy that we had the option to buy some things in large or small format bottles, now they are releasing the option for cans in place of smaller format bottles.

But wait, theres more!

You can buy 750ml bottles
4-packs of pounders
or single pounder cans at $1.50 extra per can if you dont want 4

oh, and another can is available called bakery thats a macaroon flavored BA stout thats priced significantly less which they advertised as being available in 4-packs but only currently offering it for sale at individual can pricing

Latest posts

Back