Bruery Societies 2017 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Bruery Society Members, I’m looking for an assist. I split a Hoarders membership with a friend out here in Virginia and unfortunately our usual trustee had some family issues and is unable to pick up our last set of boxes from 2017.

Was wondering if any kind soul would be willing to assist with either a pickup and ship or a ship to and ship. Happy to repay the favor with all the Aslin you can stomach or a thank you box with the good stuff. Thank you for considering.

Hello Bruery Society Members, I’m looking for an assist. I split a Hoarders membership with a friend out here in Virginia and unfortunately our usual trustee had some family issues and is unable to pick up our last set of boxes from 2017.

Was wondering if any kind soul would be willing to assist with either a pickup and ship or a ship to and ship. Happy to repay the favor with all the Aslin you can stomach or a thank you box with the good stuff. Thank you for considering.
I can do this, just not sure the next time I will be out there, it will for sure be before 3/31 though. Also have no issue having it shipped to me and repacking it in shippers and sending it off if you would like it sooner.

How far from DC are you? You could probably have them modify the membership to do DC pickup.

Just went back and looked at my notes for Chron 18 [weeheavy] (3.18) and I thought that was showing signs of infection as well. I went and looked through most untappd check ins and didn't see anyone else mention it, so it could just be a me thing with this series. Regardless, I wasn't a fan and will not be purchasing a 24.

Drank the wee heavy chron set last night and indeed 18 is clearly infected.
Had so many beers that my sense of taste was toasted to the point that none of us could tell the difference between the 6 and 12 but 18 was tangy and completely unlike the others. 24 was again back to tasting like just a more woody version of 6 and 12.

Hey guise i have a pal here in Texas desperate for a bottle of Kyuri Dragon. I know it's not out yet but when it drops I would like to work something out with somebody. Not sure I will have a good trade but can $$$$+label for sure.

I think most of us quit the society, might still be a few left who are in it and interested in a 2018 thread.

Like a glutton for disappointment, im still in the society.

I never understood the reasoning for making annual threads, no matter what bottle club/society it is there is seemingly always overlap and reference back to prior years. Just let it roll without annual discrimination or something like that

Like a glutton for disappointment, im still in the society.

I never understood the reasoning for making annual threads, no matter what bottle club/society it is there is seemingly always overlap and reference back to prior years. Just let it roll without annual discrimination or something like that
What have been your thoughts on this yr's batches? I Must admit there are a few pangs of Hnnnng when I read about some of the stuff coming out.

What have been your thoughts on this yr's batches? I Must admit there are a few pangs of Hnnnng when I read about some of the stuff coming out.

Im on the east coast, just requested our initial package and a handful of suds to be shipped to DC for pickup. I’ll be able to report back in a month or 2 on the couple we have purchased.

Like a glutton for disappointment, im still in the society
I feel you on this. I joined again this year for reasons unknown to myself. I was even caught off guard with the email yesterday reminding that I had until Wednesday to pick up any 2017 purchased allocations. I knew I had some stuff to pick up but was floored to find out that I had over 4 cases worth of bottles waiting. Apparently I never picked up **** that I bought this year. Every single included bottle is still sitting over there. Luckily a buddy of mine volunteered to pick them up since I have no motivation to drive out to Anaheim to pick up that much beer and find somewhere to store it. Nor do I care to hear my wife complain about it. The more I think about it, my buddy may have just scored free beer.

tl;dr l’m an idiot

I feel you on this. I joined again this year for reasons unknown to myself. I was even caught off guard with the email yesterday reminding that I had until Wednesday to pick up any 2017 purchased allocations. I knew I had some stuff to pick up but was floored to find out that I had over 4 cases worth of bottles waiting. Apparently I never picked up **** that I bought this year. Every single included bottle is still sitting over there. Luckily a buddy of mine volunteered to pick them up since I have no motivation to drive out to Anaheim to pick up that much beer and find somewhere to store it. Nor do I care to hear my wife complain about it. The more I think about it, my buddy may have just scored free beer.

tl;dr l’m an idiot
Wait they changed from end fo March to end of Feb?

l’m an idiot
I'll see your idiocy and raise you -- I neglected to notice that the deadline was tomorrow and not March 31, despite the emails that Bruery has sent. I should try paying attention one of these days.

Any chance there's a brave soul out there that might be willing to help a brother out and pick up/trustee a few cases for me today? I'd be happy to send a sizeable box of Tampa area ****, including 2018 Hunahpu, some El Cat stuff, Funky Buddha BA beers, Angry Chair, Cycle, and other stuff like that as a thank you.

I joined again this year for reasons unknown to myself.

Reasons why I rejoined:
-my buddies still love to get Bruery drunk
-said buddies paid for a significant portion of the membership renewal
-no more pestering a trustee
-no more shipping and handling
-a quarterlyish excuse to do a guys weekend beer trip to DC

Id be a liar if I didnt also mention that a small part of me wants to stick it out till their big 10 anniversary next year and see if they do something big ala party, special release or just complete sellout of the company.

I'll see your idiocy and raise you -- I neglected to notice that the deadline was tomorrow and not March 31, despite the emails that Bruery has sent. I should try paying attention one of these days.

Any chance there's a brave soul out there that might be willing to help a brother out and pick up/trustee a few cases for me today? I'd be happy to send a sizeable box of Tampa area ****, including 2018 Hunahpu, some El Cat stuff, Funky Buddha BA beers, Angry Chair, Cycle, and other stuff like that as a thank you.
If you want to have the beers shipped to me I will be glad to forward them on as a last resort.

tl;dr l’m an idiot

Wait until you get your boxes only to find that half the beers were replaced with 2017 Black Tuesday due to "inventory issues".

Nothing like the old bait and switch Bruery tactic!

Try emailing them and see if they’d even have your stuff ready to be picked up. I sent an email on Monday and they still haven’t confirmed that it’s ready to pick up. I’m not too worried though, I showed up about a week late last year and they still honored all my purchases...um minus the ones they replaced with Black Tuesday.

Wait until you get your boxes only to find that half the beers were replaced with 2017 Black Tuesday due to "inventory issues".

Nothing like the old bait and switch Bruery tactic!
I’ve already received an email saying that they plan to issue a refund for bottles of Vindictive due to inventory issues. Probably for the best anyway.

How can they be so incredibly bad at this? Do they have a theft issue?
Probably just an issue of having some half baked temps working the society counter a good portion of the time. I was once erroneously given 4 additional bottles of Chocolate Rain. I returned them but can only imagine how many times that has happened where bottles didn’t get returned.

I kind of really liked On Tuesdays We Brunch

sweet as ****, but expected

Yeah it was one of the few beers this weekend that both me & my girl agreed on. Its like a bigger sweeter CBS w/ cinnamon.

I can't believe I'm still alive after running that gauntlet:

Revision
Moonraker
Fieldwork
Flatland
Bruery Hoppy & Wild Fest
Bruery Terreux
Bruery
Phantom Carraige

Great time all weekend. This girl traveled and partied like a champ. Holler about some beerfests, I don't have anything lined up until the FW Invitational. . .

Yeah it was one of the few beers this weekend that both me & my girl agreed on. Its like a bigger sweeter CBS w/ cinnamon.

I can't believe I'm still alive after running that gauntlet:

Revision
Moonraker
Fieldwork
Flatland
Bruery Hoppy & Wild Fest
Bruery Terreux
Bruery
Phantom Carraige

Great time all weekend. This girl traveled and partied like a champ. Holler about some beerfests, I don't have anything lined up until the FW Invitational. . .
Woodshop!

I cant believe this. I opened the new port BT and I honest to christ cant tell which one is worse - this or Yount. BT Port is ****ed. There is no way this is how they intended it to taste. Its completely oxidized - tastes like soy sauce, cardboard and what I imagine moldy wood would taste like of you dared put it in your mouth.

Holy hell.

Check it out folks. The good old TB Bruery discussion thread is 4 months ahead of its time. Word is only coming out this week on the BA Bruery discussion regarding ‘17 port BT being “corked” and yucky.

Bruery responds with “sorry you dont like it, most people do!”

lol so now its ok for you to sell beer that is flawed so long as the majority doesnt catch on?

okay, but BT port doesn't have a cork or stopper. Just their regular cap, right? Sorry, it's new to me.
Correct. But as outlined in the link, it does not exclusively derive from corks.

Wake me up when vanilla tuesday comes out.
Thats supposedly the next hoarders only exclusive in small bottle format. Not sure why some people pop a woody over that, it doesnt tickle my giblets any more than chocolate rain which is the exact same thing plus cocoa nibs... right?

Brought both BT Port and Yount to March Madness. Didn't get around to cracking BT Port, but we did crush Yount in the Nevada/Texas OT. I thought it was pretty good, but damn, that **** stains clothing hardcore. Its like the stickiness of Black Tuesday, and the purple staining power of cabernet.

29389373_10214152786608099_2241651730084613469_n.jpg

1ba75672-2069-44ee-9337-855101942e9a.png

3ba73130-e589-404c-991f-bdbbf3002287.jpg

BaRF & BaRF-bot, get ready for these rare small batch releases, crafted with you in mind, with the highest quality ingredients.

We're excited to present the first installment of the Small Batch Hoarders Series, which will be exclusively available for you to purchase in the upcoming weeks.

Each installment of the Small Batch Hoarders Series will be packaged in a unique, collectible box, featuring 12 bottles that are 375-ml. in size. In the upcoming installment, three beers are from The Bruery (two bottles each) and three beers are from Bruery Terreux (two bottles each).

We’ve never done anything like this before, and we’re excited to do it exclusively for our Hoarders Society members. Prepare to be the envy of the beer community. More details will be revealed in April.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder what a box of 12 costs? Or what some of the beers are?

I know one thing, I will not prepare to be the envy of the beer community. That **** is for people who stand in line and buy international.

Or what some of the beers are?

So far I know of 5.

Black Tuesday With Vanilla Beans

Black & Blue & Red All Over With Vanilla is a blend of 30% sour stout and 70% imperial stout aged in Bourbon barrels with blackberries, blueberries, cherries and vanilla

Cherum Stomp is a Berlin-style tart wheat ale fermented with cherries and aged in wine barrels with Meyer lemon zest

Room For Little is a sour blonde ale aged in oak barrels with peaches and nectarines

Raspberry Kisses wheatwine-style ale age din Bourbon barrels with raspberry, dried raspberries, vanilla and macadamia nuts

So far I know of 5.

Black Tuesday With Vanilla Beans

Black & Blue & Red All Over With Vanilla is a blend of 30% sour stout and 70% imperial stout aged in Bourbon barrels with blackberries, blueberries, cherries and vanilla

Cherum Stomp is a Berlin-style tart wheat ale fermented with cherries and aged in wine barrels with Meyer lemon zest

Room For Little is a sour blonde ale aged in oak barrels with peaches and nectarines

Raspberry Kisses wheatwine-style ale age din Bourbon barrels with raspberry, dried raspberries, vanilla and macadamia nuts

Those sound good. Will order assuming the ppo (price per ounce) isn't stupid, or more stupid than normal.

Back