Bruery Societies 2015 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just Befuddlement then

This was during year 1 of Hoarders if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't in Hoarders that year (I am this year) and I'm pretty sure I've had more opportunities to buy that beer this year than the Hoarders did last year.

The Bruery must have one hell of an archive.

imagesarc-covenant-crates-01-small.jpg

This was during year 1 of Hoarders if I'm not mistaken. I wasn't in Hoarders that year (I am this year) and I'm pretty sure I've had more opportunities to buy that beer this year than the Hoarders did last year.
Befuddlement was a 2014 HS exclusive, which was the second year of the HS.

This should ruffle some feathers. RS/HS get Sourrento and Wanderer tomorrow while public at the TR gets Tart of Darkness w/ Cherry & Vanilla.

Drank a plain jane bruery shelf turd last night and enjoyed it more than many of the society only brews ive had in recent memory.

8 maids a milkin is solid. I highly recommend drinking one while eating gingersnap/gingerbread cookies.

Huge cocoa character in it with sweetness and some lactose-like mineral thing going on. I bet the barrel aged version will be exquisite.

My trustee got a growler fill of it for me and I thought it was really good as well. My cousin and I paired it with giant Reese's peanut butter cups, which worked quite well.

Drank a plain jane bruery shelf turd last night and enjoyed it more than many of the society only brews ive had in recent memory.

8 maids a milkin is solid. I highly recommend drinking one while eating gingersnap/gingerbread cookies.

Huge cocoa character in it with sweetness and some lactose-like mineral thing going on. I bet the barrel aged version will be exquisite.
Huh interesting. I thought it was absolutely terrible. I could barely finish my glass. I thought the Belgian part of it just overwhelmed everything with its shittiness. Wonder if my bottle was just bad.

Huh interesting. I thought it was absolutely terrible. I could barely finish my glass. I thought the Belgian part of it just overwhelmed everything with its shittiness. Wonder if my bottle was just bad.
You know what... im sorry. I should have precursed my post by saying yesterday was really an interesting day for my taste buds and it might not have been in the best state to form opinions and publicly post about it.

When I got home from work, I decided to drink egg nog that was a year old. (Homemade science experiment with whiskey added to it.) That was in a growler in my fridge from last year.
It looked good and it smelled fine so I took a huge gulp and then proceeded to vomit. Fearing I gave myself an insane dose of salmonella, i started drinking whiskey to attempt to neutralize my innards.

3 healthy glasses of smooth ambler later, i then ate supper (bacon) and then decided to open the 8 maids with a sidecar of gingerbread men cookies

your experience may vary

You know what... im sorry. I should have precursed my post by saying yesterday was really an interesting day for my taste buds and it might not have been in the best state to form opinions and publicly post about it.

When I got home from work, I decided to drink egg nog that was a year old. (Homemade science experiment with whiskey added to it.) That was in a growler in my fridge from last year.
It looked good and it smelled fine so I took a huge gulp and then proceeded to vomit. Fearing I gave myself an insane dose of salmonella, i started drinking whiskey to attempt to neutralize my innards.

3 healthy glasses of smooth ambler later, i then ate supper (bacon) and then decided to open the 8 maids with a sidecar of gingerbread men cookies

your experience may vary

hmmm, weird. That is how I tried it too and I agree with shadowane

Dude...wow. What's on tap for the weekend? Unprotected sex with a dozen of your city's finest crackwhores? Cutting your airbags and seatbelts out of your car before you start a Grand Theft Auto LARPing group?

your experience may vary

I have some two year old eggnog that have been enjoying this month. I am sure yours was fine.

Glad to know I wasn't crazy. I read somewhere else about someone liking it as well. The description sounded good too! So disappointing.

FWIW some Southern hemisphere control on Humulus terreux.

I had a bottle a few days ago and thought it was by and large subtle and well held.

No aspect was remotely conspicuous or offensive.

Has anyone had Humulus Rueuze? I'm a huge hoppy brett beer fan, but by and large really don't like dry hopped sours. (de Garde doesn't count lol)

Seems most people do the Amarillo hopped sours which end up tasting like briny pickle water. Quite interested in the Elements of Funk line.

Has anyone had Humulus Rueuze? I'm a huge hoppy brett beer fan, but by and large really don't like dry hopped sours. (de Garde doesn't count lol)

Seems most people do the Amarillo hopped sours which end up tasting like briny pickle water. Quite interested in the Elements of Funk line.
H Rueuze definitely had the pickle issue. We had it head to head with Dry-Hopped Oak Theory, and Casey won in a walk, largely because no pickles.

Elements of Funk are good but tend to be over-carbed, so open with caution.

Anyone able to grab one of dem stemmed Terreux glasses for a glasswhore?
Yikes, reading back.... only if everyone else is taken care of first.

Were there a limited amount of these or just an access issue?

Blue BBLs and Griffon Bruxellois now up. I'm laughing at the description for Griff saying its cellars me for up to two years. It's what, three years old? Anyone try it recently?

Last edited:
Anyone able to grab one of dem stemmed Terreux glasses for a glasswhore?
Yikes, reading back.... only if everyone else is taken care of first.

Were there a limited amount of these or just an access issue?

They were given to people who attended the Terreux Vue event with some remainders going up on the store.

Latest posts

Back