Bruery Reserve Society 2014 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stuff is still cheaper through distribution even with a discount, unless he is selling society only.

giphy.gif

Ok seriously... has anyone heard anything about Mango Hottenroth for 2014 Hoarders? This is getting kinda ridiculous.

Will hoarders be able to buy more or jut what comes with memberships? This seems ridiculous that they cannot figure out how to simply add fruit into one of their regular beers.

Will hoarders be able to buy more or jut what comes with memberships?
I expect this to be ran similar to Geriatric Hipster Club: we will not receive bottles with membership (as we were never promised bottles of Hoarders pilot beers with membership), but we will be able to buy 2-3 bottles.

This seems ridiculous that they cannot figure out how to simply add fruit into one of their regular beers.
First, in early October they said,
"We're working to get this beer brewed and packaged for you right now. Berliner Weisse style ales take a bit longer than most to ferment, but we plan on having this beer available to you very soon."

Then on December 1st they said,
"As you know, we've also been working hard on your Hoarders exclusive pilot beers: Mango Hottenroth and Geriatric Hipster Club. We expect to have these available later in the month. Sorry for the delay!"

Then towards the end of December they said,
"For simplicity's sake, we will wait until Oaked Old Richland is ready for sale and then release Geriatric Hipster Club and Hottenroth with Mango at the same time."

...which they didn't do

Finally, they told us this a month ago:
"Mango Hottenroth is taking it's time to bottle condition, as is standard for our Berliner Weisse yeast culture."

They gave us the survey on July 2nd! Why did they wait until the end of the year to brew the ****ing beer?!

If it's been over a month and it still isn't carb'd then something is wrong (9 times out of 10).

WHERE'S MY GODDAMM MANGO HOTTENROTH????

Ok seriously... has anyone heard anything about Mango Hottenroth for 2014 Hoarders? This is getting kinda ridiculous.

First, in early October they said,

Then on December 1st they said,

Then towards the end of December they said,

Finally, they told us this a month ago:

They gave us the survey on July 2nd! Why did they wait until the end of the year to brew the ****ing beer?!

If it's been over a month and it still isn't carb'd then something is wrong (9 times out of 10).
Evidently, domtronzero wants his damn Mango Hotty.
Mango.gif

On the bright side, maybe it's infected and The Bruery hasn't figured out that it might actually make the beer better.

On the bright side, maybe it's infected and The Bruery hasn't figured out that it might actually make the beer better.

Someone on BA said they heard that The Bruery tasted it and it was disgusting. No idea if that's true or not but let the rumors run wild! It leads me to wonder though, how bad must a beer be for them to even acknowledge it's disgusting in light of some of the more recent releases?

Someone on BA said they heard that The Bruery tasted it and it was disgusting. No idea if that's true or not but let the rumors run wild! It leads me to wonder though, how bad must a beer be for them to even acknowledge it's disgusting in light of some of the more recent releases?

AND... how do you take a solid known product, add in a yummy fruit, and get a bad beer? Maybe they are having issues with Hottenroth again?

This probably goes without saying, but anyone who didn't dump their Bruery memberships after 2014's unbelievable series of mishaps doesn't get to complain one bit about **** ups with the 2015 societies.

Again, this didn't need to be said...but I'm bored and you guys just reminded me that these dumb ****s still owe us beer from last year.

I heard the same thing from a reliable, real-life source. The word "sulfur" was used to describe the flavor.

i love berliners and ive longed for a fruited version of hottenroth since before i joined the society

when we learned we were getting a fruited version last year, i popped a boner straight through my panties
then we subsequently found out it was going to be mango due to popular opinion/vote and i felt devastated because i hate mango

reading these thoughts/concerns/speculation about it being ****ed up has me smiling.
please let the saga continue and let them make up an excuse about how mango is too difficult/risky to work with so they are redoing it with a different fruit

come on Bruery, ive defended and supported you for 3 years now...its time to have my back!

i love berliners and ive longed for a fruited version of hottenroth since before i joined the society

when we learned we were getting a fruited version last year, i popped a boner straight through my panties
then we subsequently found out it was going to be mango due to popular opinion/vote and i felt devastated because i hate mango

reading these thoughts/concerns/speculation about it being ****ed up has me smiling.
please let the saga continue and let them make up an excuse about how mango is too difficult/risky to work with so they are redoing it with a different fruit

come on Bruery, ive defended and supported you for 3 years now...its time to have my back!

I was pretty skeptical about mango too and I believe I voted for Passion Fruit, but I was really hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Alas

This probably goes without saying, but anyone who didn't dump their Bruery memberships after 2014's unbelievable series of mishaps doesn't get to complain one bit about **** ups with the 2015 societies.

Again, this didn't need to be said...but I'm bored and you guys just reminded me that these dumb ****s still owe us beer from last year.

u mad

I told them to stop blending shitty unpopular beers, and more fruited berliners.

Hey me too!!!

I also told them to start doing taste test and stop releasing undrinkable beers (Roble Blanco was awful on so many levels.)

I also asked for a low ABV, inexpensive, table sour. Something like a 5% sour blonde or tart saison would be great, especially if offered at a good price, which I am sure they can do.

I also asked for a low ABV, inexpensive, table sour. Something like a 5% sour blonde or tart saison would be great, especially if offered at a good price, which I am sure they can do.
Something along the lines of 50% Saison de Lente/50% Blonde Sour (the base for Rueuze, Sans Pagaie, etc.) would be killer.

New Reserve member. Drank my first bottle last weekend--fantastic. Curious how well it holds up over time. Anyone drank a bottle a year later?

Had one a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was still great, though I kept it in the fridge for most of its life. I have had some others that has slight green pepper

Had one a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was still great, though I kept it in the fridge for most of its life. I have had some others that has slight green pepper
Totally agreed -- the coffee fades toward green pepper if not kept refrigerated. Definitely not one that will improve over time, but you don't need to pound them right away.

FYI... for those interested, there are 516 Hoarders this year. (I counted the names on a page in their binder then multiplied it by the pages). So I suppose that the infection issues didn't result in fewer memberships. Xul will remember last year's number, but I think it was in the 430s.
442 was the number last year, I don't remember who posted it originally but they saw the last sheet and it was numbered. I'd be really curious to get an accurate number for RS, I've always estimated that around 1500 people but that's based on inferences that are a year or two old now.

Back