Bruery Societies 2015 Allocations/Discussion Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised people are poo-pooing those allocations. Everything except Cinnamonk sounds pretty awesome to me.
Agreed, I'm critical of a lot of the things they do but this month's beers sound great. Cinnamonk would be a lot more appealing without the cinnamon factor, but maybe they used a light hand when adding spice. The fact that the Elements of Funk series is similar to Saison de Lente is welcome news, I always thought that was an underrated beer, especially with some time in the cellar.

Maybe the best thing about these is that 4 out of the 5 sours are below 10% ABV (some considerably so) and only Cinnamonk is the kind of thing that sounds like the base is leftover SitR blended with leftover Anniversary old ale.

Cinnamonk would be a lot more appealing without the cinnamon factor.

My thoughts exactly. Take the cinnamon out, regardless of the amount, and a sour brown with blueberries aged in bourbon barrels sounds incredible. And the part that I think people are missing is that it clocks in at 12.1% ABV which really has me intrigued.

ISO this glass

Bruery Terreux Vue Exclusive 2015
Tickets on sale at noon today for three sessions on December 12

8vE4QuA1HJzQnYHb5UPj8W4doMObdMIRqC9Pd-Ej8pGM9-fYoCOCxU7PFMmmEObH-ENxH7d0Mfs_DAWvDlxJ9nG4eEUfw2LkQSGpqW8XqN3nII_1DPco=s0-d-e1-ft

8vE4QuA1HJzQnYHb5UPj8W4doMObdMIRqC9Pd-Ej8pGM9-fYoCOCxU7PFMmmEObH-ENxH7d0Mfs_DAWvDlxJ9nG4eEUfw2LkQSGpqW8XqN3nII_1DPco=s0-d-e1-ft

Here's your premier access pass for an exclusive look into our sour barrel warehouse - the likes of which have never been showcased before. At the Bruery Terreux Vue Exclusive 2015, you'll not only see firsthand where the fermentation, oak-aging and packaging of our wild and sour beer takes place, you'll also get a peek into the in-progress construction and vision of the Bruery Terreux Tasting Room. Along the way, you'll sample sour and wild beers and see their flavors intensified, complimented and contrasted by small bite pairings from our friends at Brother's Provisions. Many of our staff, including ones 100% focused on Bruery Terreux, will be there to chat and share in the experience with you.

R0Rnt33C7HKci27IqL10hcWDTXfORDF9hoIOyqAPsWmvRgtSp71tJgihBfkI9VrD8ezj5A40rOC_TZLEYJXTZAjHnx8P98G0S40mKgKu_DckXVfotempHq-YpGALnqYi1YH6=s0-d-e1-ft
There is a two-ticket limit per Society member, and we encourage you to bring a friend. We will host three separate, identical, same-day sessions for two-hour experiences each. Tickets ($44.99, member discount already reflected) include the following:
  • Custom crystal Riedel tasting glass
  • Approximately 16 two-ounce samples of sour and wild beer
  • Soft drinks and palate cleansers
  • Gourmet, catered small bite pairings from Brother's Provision

Saturday, December 12. Three Sessions:
  • Session 1: 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
  • Session 2: 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Session 3: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Login to purchase session tickets starting at noon today at TheBrueryStore.com.

Beer List
  • Announcing soon!

Designated Driver Tickets
  • Designated driver tickets are also available online, starting at noon.

Please note:
  • Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
  • Members or guests may not swap sessions.
  • Purchasing Society member must be present in order for a guest to attend.
  • There are no physical tickets for the event.
  • All attendees must have a valid ID for entrance.
  • You and your guest must be 21+ years old to attend (this includes designated drivers).

Bruery Terreux is located at 1174 N. Grove St. in Anaheim.

hey guys. i need a trustee for my hoarders' society membership. soooo. if you like doing that. let me know.

I can probably take care of this if you haven't found anyone yet. I'm also a HS, I'm there fairly often.

Anyone pumped about the Black Friday Cellar Sale?

It's a Black Friday blowout with rare, limited and archive beers!
Inbox
x
profile_mask2.png

The Bruery via thebruery.ccsend.com
2:17 PM (16 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Nothing is guaranteed (except shopping in your PJs, should you so choose)
wPzWoextn1pheQMl1uDg_JZt2-MmqKuB3JkplorJBZixBiIuvODioKHGbnb-QTO7tnSCLVv8iTCutJijvsKpskRP9URp3eapnqqa4be8HBMrEeG2w3zxlcMbwZWZpNk177vGxdNgBgpKdfpVb2tHzYxYzfJ0zBrIdztBxwToe_xIv2NTX-1G6IVFQGYr-rdpH6nJvCcoj3BzTLdOvthEO8tfv-VRdBQBf-TuGf_Hueyr-4Vz7mLlg2c287XUpv34LCcsn9pU7oFN64pFLqeNsLXmZLYKuPgHhSnbcysQoXOFQVB3cm2_WnWAZy6qz12hjfHMituTGCw9jbw=s0-d-e1-ft

Choose from numerous editions of Black Tuesday, our anniversary ales and more. In addition, special gift sets will be available, including:
  • A gift box featuring two limited release holiday tulips from The Bruery with bottles of bourbon barrel-aged 5 Golden Rings and bourbon barrel-aged 6 Geese-A-Laying.
  • A curated set of Anniversaries Past, featuring Papier, Coton and Cuir.
  • Special anniversary treatments of Bois: Bourbon, New American Oak and Rye.
  • Special anniversary treatments of Sucre: Madeira, Rum and Rye.
  • A three beer set from the Twelve Beers of Christmas saga: 6 Geese-A-Laying, 7 Swans-A-Swimming and 8 Maids-A-Milking.

The Black Friday sale begins at 12:00 a.m. PST on Friday, November 27 on TheBrueryStore.com. Be sure you're logged in to get access to these limited time offers. Quantities are extremely limited.

Anyone pumped about the Black Friday Cellar Sale?

It's a Black Friday blowout with rare, limited and archive beers!
Inbox
x
profile_mask2.png

The Bruery via thebruery.ccsend.com
2:17 PM (16 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Nothing is guaranteed (except shopping in your PJs, should you so choose)
wPzWoextn1pheQMl1uDg_JZt2-MmqKuB3JkplorJBZixBiIuvODioKHGbnb-QTO7tnSCLVv8iTCutJijvsKpskRP9URp3eapnqqa4be8HBMrEeG2w3zxlcMbwZWZpNk177vGxdNgBgpKdfpVb2tHzYxYzfJ0zBrIdztBxwToe_xIv2NTX-1G6IVFQGYr-rdpH6nJvCcoj3BzTLdOvthEO8tfv-VRdBQBf-TuGf_Hueyr-4Vz7mLlg2c287XUpv34LCcsn9pU7oFN64pFLqeNsLXmZLYKuPgHhSnbcysQoXOFQVB3cm2_WnWAZy6qz12hjfHMituTGCw9jbw=s0-d-e1-ft

Choose from numerous editions of Black Tuesday, our anniversary ales and more. In addition, special gift sets will be available, including:
  • A gift box featuring two limited release holiday tulips from The Bruery with bottles of bourbon barrel-aged 5 Golden Rings and bourbon barrel-aged 6 Geese-A-Laying.
  • A curated set of Anniversaries Past, featuring Papier, Coton and Cuir.
  • Special anniversary treatments of Bois: Bourbon, New American Oak and Rye.
  • Special anniversary treatments of Sucre: Madeira, Rum and Rye.
  • A three beer set from the Twelve Beers of Christmas saga: 6 Geese-A-Laying, 7 Swans-A-Swimming and 8 Maids-A-Milking.

The Black Friday sale begins at 12:00 a.m. PST on Friday, November 27 on TheBrueryStore.com. Be sure you're logged in to get access to these limited time offers. Quantities are extremely limited.

giphy.gif

I can't imagine what some of those beers taste like now. Seriously, that Bootleggers collab? Run B.M.C ?! Seriously?

So they have their marketing department making beers now?
Considering some of the things their brewing team has come up with, letting the marketing department make some decisions might not be a downgrade.

I mean, its basically CR with Salt so they could make a joke about a show that aired ~>15 yrs ago?
The 16.4% ABV and "brown imperial stout" designation mean it's clearly not just BT with adjuncts. Not sure if it's BT + **** or BT + something else, but I wouldn't expect it to taste like CR with salt.

Last edited:
So they have their marketing department making beers now? I mean, its basically CR with Salt so they could make a joke about a show that aired ~>15 yrs ago?
Im on board with management making this decision so long as it means:
1. no more beers inspired by or meant to mimic cocktails
2. they stop blending beer noone likes and adding adjuncts to make it "new." By this point i think we all have a coffee press and can do that **** ourselves at home.

Considering some of the things their brewing team has come up with, letting the marketing department make some decisions might not be a downgrade.

The 16.4% ABV and "brown imperial stout" designation mean it's clearly not just BT with adjuncts. Not sure if it's BT + **** or BT + something else, but I wouldn't expect it to taste like CR with salt.
Marketing team might be better at sanitation too! (Aka all the infected beers).

I couldn't make out the ABV from the photo, but at 16.4% you're probably right. Either way, my point remains the same. It's a bit gimmicky but I bet its good. Not complaining, just having some fun with it.

Im on board with management making this decision so long as it means:
1. no more beers inspired by or meant to mimic cocktails
2. they stop blending beer noone likes and adding adjuncts to make it "new." By this point i think we all have a coffee press and can do that **** ourselves at home.
I actually really liked Ukulele (and I loathe pepper beers) and really enjoyed Cabinet. Hell, I didn't hate Robo Blanco.

As for beer no one likes, most of the misses for me this yr have been the sours. Souren, Confessions, Bourgogne Blanc, Tart of Darkness were all big misses IMO. Imperial Or Xata was the only non infected, non sour beer that I thought was awful this yr.

Back