Brewie Recipes & Tips & Tricks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillandbrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I didn't see a thread about recipes on the Brewie B20 or the Brewie+ so i have created one. If there is already one let me know and i'll delete this.
If not then, let's see what everyone's got!
I'm mostly into Amber Ales and IPAs.
I will brew this weekend the Mango Habanero IPA that i found in the Recipe Guide. Anyone tried that already?

I am also interested in this. I brewed my first batch which was a daisy cutter clone and did a single infusion mash with a 30 min sparge and hit 70% efficiency, but was a little low on volume. I did however add about 5oz of whirlpool hops to the boil vessel in a wire mesh hop basket which may have contributed a little. I read a mash in below 140f is required to prevent dough balls. I have a 600micron mash basket that I stirred at mash in so I’m not sure if I would have gotten dough balls or not. Assuming I would....what temperature and time are people targeting for mash in ? I would prefer to set it and forget it when I don’t have time to watch the mash in. Thanks!

I have mashed in on the Brewie at 132° for a protein rest at 124° I have also had a mash in at 163° for a mashing temp of 152° if I remember both came in a bit low and the heating element came on right away. I need to take better notes on this part to dial it in better.
On another note Brewie cautions to not set your mash in temp above the next step temperature or it will skip the next step in a multi step mash.

Are you manually adding your water? If not, how are you mashing in higher than your set point? Also how important is it since mash temp is regulated and circulated?

Last edited:
No I'm using automatic water inlet and outlet. Also saving time by using hot water on the inlet for mash and sparge water.
You are able to set your strike water on one screen and your mash temp is set on a different screen.
Go to your recipe screen and click on the "Brewing" button this screen will pop up
Screenshot_20190212-205344.jpg

Click on the "Modify" button and this screen will come up.
Screenshot_20190212-205418.jpg

You can change you mash in temperature and your sparging temperature here. Remember to be conservative with your mash in temperature and sparge temperature. The machine cannot cool for you and since the two tanks are in such close proximity there is not as much cooling as there would be with separate pans/coolers etc. After you enter your numbers click the ✅ check in the upper right.
Screenshot_20190212-205449.jpg
Click on the > in the upper right and this screen will come up. Click on "Modify".
Screenshot_20190212-205522.jpg

This screen will come up.
Screenshot_20190212-205547.jpg

Adjust your temperatures and add steps as you see fit for your recipe. Be sure to use the ✅check mark to save and the < in the upper left to save your changes, especially if you are using the phone app because it will not update your changes if you don't. Be sure to back all the way out to your "Recipes" menu.

I guess I missed the mash-in setting. I think I just set it the same as my mash temp on my first brew not realizing it was a separate set point. Thanks for explaining!

Sure thing, hopefully they get the "Fermentation" tab back soon so we can adjust our recipes and get more accurate final estimated results.

Back