Blue Moon Recipie?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbydigital

Reaction score
You think I should do BLUE MOON*extract, or does anyone know any better beers to clone of a blue moon type

YOU THINK THIS IS a BLUE MOON (a kit from northerbrew):
Witbier
OG: 1044 / Ready: 6 weeks

Literally, "white beer," this wheat beer originated near Louvain and got its name from its extremely pale, cloudy haze. Witbier was originally made by blending hopped wort with unhopped, bacterially infected wort, which gave it a tart, acidic taste. Fortunately, the Wyeast culture in this kit gives you all of the tartness with none of the bacteria. Light in color and extremely quenching, Witbier's unique flavor is also enhanced by coriander and bitter orange peel.

You didn't say if you were looking for extract or all grain. I've made an AG clone from Austin Homebrew Supply several times. Turned out great every time.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=30190

If you're looking for extract, just do a search. I'm sure there's been one posted. It's a very popular beer to brew. You might also just search on Belgian Wit. Another popular Wit that a lot of people like is Hoegaarden.

Back