Big problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyalius

Reaction score
After adding the yeast I found out that I have forgot to add the extract malt to the mash:(

Boiled it in another pot,cooled it and added to the bucket.

What will happen? Infection?

After adding the yeast I found out that I have forgot to add the extract malt to the mash:(

Boiled it in another pot,cooled it and added to the bucket.

What will happen? Infection?

Adding the extract to the mash? I think that you are confusing two separate brewing styles. Extract generally does not involve mashing. Mashing grains produce extra.

Are you confusing steeping grains for mashing? If so, are you saying that your boiled basically grain tea and added your hops? Your hop utilization will be off a bit. Did you take any gravity readings before you pitched your yeast? What was the volume in your fermenter before you boiled and added your extract? Did you take a gravity reading after you added your extract?

There are several things that don't quite add up, but you will end up with beer, perhaps not exactly the beer you had planned on.

Back