BIAB Basket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those actually look like the products arbor fab makes. I think they have started selling through other outlets. Have seen hsi work at AIH also.

Those are awsome. Would be even better if they had little hooks that could catch on the upper rim of the kettle to suspend the basket and let it drain back in during squeezing.

Those are awsome. Would be even better if they had little hooks that could catch on the upper rim of the kettle to suspend the basket and let it drain back in during squeezing.

Chad will make you anything you come up with. Originally I had some hooks on mine but found it better to lift the basket up clear of the kettle and slide a grill grate underneath for the basket to rest on for drain/squeeze.

Yes great product!
A SS basket up to 13" diameter is $162 shipped, I'd be afraid to ask how much for a nice large 18" kettle, perhaps more than the kettle.

Wilserbrewer
Http://biabbags.webs.com/

I could buy a lot of bags and grains for that much money. The basket sure looks nice but I could look the other way when I pull out the cheap bag. I'll bet the bag is easier to squeeze too. It looks like a solution in search of a problem.:rockin:

Well I actually like the basket better than bags. I had Chad make me this plate to squeeze the grain.

1410003077582.jpg

. I'll bet the bag is easier to squeeze too. It looks like a solution in search of a problem.:rockin:

I don't want to high jack the thread but I couldn't help but ask, squeeze the bag I always read never never squeeze the bag am I missing something?

I don't want to high jack the thread but I couldn't help but ask, squeeze the bag I always read never never squeeze the bag am I missing something?

Old homebrew myth that's been debunked. Only way you could release tannins by squeezing is if the PH was above 6 with gain temps above 170. Big breweries don't have tannin problems and their mash tons have way more pressure and weight on the grains than you could ever squeeze.

In all of my years brewing, I have never ever heard of what you are talking about. Show us one link or post where it reads, to never squeeze the bag. Bet you can't. The only thing close to your comment is in all-grain, even BIAB, to never allow your strike temp to be over 170F, this is when tannins are released.

Squeeze the livin daylites out of your bag!!

In all of my years brewing, I have never ever heard of what you are talking about. Show us one link or post where it reads, to never squeeze the bag. Bet you can't. The only thing close to your comment is in all-grain, even BIAB, to never allow your strike temp to be over 170F, this is when tannins are released.

Squeeze the livin daylites out of your bag!!

I see this myth all the time. Maybe YOU could use the search feature or Google before flaming someone.

Nobody in this thread said that it was true. I in fact stated it was a myth. Wobdee asked if it was true or not.

Those are all HBT posts. Try and find something from the John Palmer, Michael Jackson's, or any other non beer forums.

Hey, man. The guy just said he'd seen that *myth* propagated often. You asked him for a single link or post where that was the case, and he provided in spades. I don't think he's arguing the case that squeezing the bag is actually harmful, and he certainly ponied up to your request. Maybe ease up.

Back