Best brew day ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin18

Reaction score
First of all, yesterday here in Raleigh it was 80 degrees. My bayou classic propane burner and my new immersion chiller showed up earlier this week so it wasn't hard to convince me that I needed to try them out yesterday.

I brewed the Belgian Witbeer all grain kit from Northern Brewer, and wow what a difference these two pieces of equipment make. No worries about spilling wort on the floor or messing up the gf's clean kitchen. I was able to get a really strong boil and then brought it down to room temperature in less than 20 minutes. Judging by how quickly the yeast took off last night, it may have made a significant impact on the quality of my beer. I'll find out in six weeks.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on these forums. I never thought when I found these forums last fall that I'd be doing all grain batches with full boils on an outdoor propane burner.

Latest posts

Back