beer line / modular approach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repomanz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was curious if anyone has built a modular style approach to extending the beer lines (to balance your draft system)

Currently i have two beers in my kegs. Dale's Pale Ale and Jamil's dunkle. Both high co2 volume brews and i get some hellishly big foam, even after first poor.

My beer lines are 5ft. :)

I would like to build a couple of extenders that i can use to roughly gauge in the style of beer i have on tap. anyone done this arleady? Point me to the hardware to do it? A quick disconnect system would be awesome.

I've read the epic thread about the epoxy things you throw in the dip tubes but i'm thinking more along beer line only approach. I'm not to keen on the material composition of those things and rather not take a risk.

thoughts?

J

You know, somewhere on here is a thread that talks about using a convoluted piece of plastic for lowering the pressure in the line. If you've ever used one of the mixer tubes from a tube of 5 Minute epoxy you'll know what I'm talking about. It will like adding a couple of feet to your bev line.

Did you do this on purpose because I am laughing my butt off. The only thing we're missing is a link for him to check out that points him back to his own thread.

Check out this thread

I've read the epic thread about the epoxy things you throw in the dip tubes but i'm thinking more along beer line only approach. I'm not to keen on the material composition of those things and rather not take a risk.

I wouldn't be concerned epoxy mixers leeching into your beer. We use this to mix epoxies that run $500 per gallon. We also perform extensive contamination testing with everything that touches or may touch our product.

I wouldn't be concerned epoxy mixers leeching into your beer. We use this to mix epoxies that run $500 per gallon. We also perform extensive contamination testing with everything that touches or may touch our product.

Can you elaborate on your comment here? In the epoxy mixer thread, they discuss the material makeup of the plastic and that certain PH levels they'll leak some nastiness out. I think i read in that thread as well that you wouldn't use starsan as it' an acid based cleaner so instead they use 70% rubbing alcohol.

I looked around home depot today and didn't find anything worth while. I may just go to 10' lines and call it done.

Latest posts

Back