Bayou Classic 36qt SS For Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillPall

Reaction score
I'm about to make the move to fully AG and stop with all this partial mash nonsense. I've already bought all the equipment I need, but have been holding off on getting a pot. I want a stainless one, from 36-42 quarts, but don't want to break my wallet. So how does this look?

Bayou Classic 1036

Is 20 gauge a good thickness? I don't really know much about pots. And is the price good? Marked down from $99 to $75 seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats exactly the pot I just bought for $99. I have done 3 boils in it up to 28 qts with some room to spare and controlled the boil overs with the extra space without having to take it off the cooker. Seems like a good deal to me.

That's the pot I had. Converted it with weldless fittings. Worked great, until I decided I wanted to make 8 gallon batches. ;)

I sold it to a guy here and plan on converting a sanke to a keggle some day...when my spending money category recovers from a recent round of purchases.

if you spend a little more, you can get the bayou 62qt for $120 then you won't have to worry if you ever want to do bigger batches.

Other than that, the bayou is a decent pot :D

Back