Austin Homebrew...Yeah buddy...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mistakes are unintentional

Well, LOL I hope so. That is like having an auto accident and saying "I never saw the other car" Well - I HOPE you didn't.

Forrest - it has been a joy to watch your business expand. I order enough to notice small little tricks like check marks beside ingredients and so forth. Looks like you are 6-Sigma-ing the process.

I'm wondering when we can expect a purchase back for your packing peanut discount. We send you 25 pounds and get a $1 off. :)

Someday I will get down there and shake your hand and slap you on the ass. The children of my village sing songs of you!

I am sure there are stores in Columbus Wisconsin that would want to use the peanuts. Re-use = Recycle.

Have you guys that get mad over an order packed wrong, or a single thing missing ever worked in wholesale or retail shipping?
I use to run a wholesale business for six years. Had about 12 employees. I depended on each of them everyday to fulfill the orders I received and to pack them clean and presentable. If any of them were having a bad day, or woke up hating life, my business suffered, and my customers called me complaining.
It doesn't matter how many systems of checks and balances you have, if you are a busy company, there is chance for error.
That being said, I have only placed 4 orders with Austin Homebrew, and am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my latest order on Thursday. Three recipe kits, and some odds & ends. In the three orders I received so far, one time they forgot to put the caps for one batch. When I called to let them know, I told them just send them to me with my next order, knowing that I would order again before the beer would be bottled. The next day I had an email with tracking number for the caps being shipped.
S**t happens. And I know it is easy to say when it is not happening to me, but you can't kill a company over a simple mistake. Especialy when they are willing to fix it, and in a quick time frame.
Keep up the good work!
Dave

Someday I will get down there and shake your hand and slap you on the ass. The children of my village sing songs of you!

LMAO I just about spit coke all over my screen!

I've got more praise for the AHS boys...call me a fanboy or whatever makes you feel good- I call it being a happy-as-a-pig-in-**** customer!

I've only had one speed bump when ordering from them, and that's it shouldn't even be called that. I ordered two kits- a Shiner clone and UFO hefe clone. I got the package on brewday and was missing the extract for the UFO kit- no biggie! I hadn't decided which I was going to brew that day anyway, so I just brewed up the Shiner clone! I called the shop and spoke with one of the guys (can't remember who) and I had my extract the NEXT day....granted I live only 45 minutes away so it's no surprise it got there that quickly, but still- I'm happy.

The last Perlick group buy came up and I got in on the deal- not only did I need the taps, but everything else that comes along with a new keezer build. I had asked some questions via PM and got one in return asking for me to call in and talk to JB...I did and man am I glad that I did. He took the time to explain how things worked and answered all the questions a newb like myself can have. I ended up placing quite a large order and everything- I mean everything- was in the box when it got to the house. There were a LOT of odds and ends that could have been left out...I ordered O-rings, tools, brushes, shanks, hoses, cleaners, keg lube, clamps, a manifold, taps, disconnects- it was a full box- all of it there!

Another thing- I feel lucky to be able to drive up IH-35 and stop by the shop if I want to...it's good to get over there and BS with the guys now and again.

I ordered O-rings, tools, brushes, shanks, hoses, cleaners, keg lube, clamps, a manifold, taps, disconnects- it was a full box- all of it there!

Did you consider Keg Connection? They're in your backyard and I've found their prices to be much better than any homebrew shop (including AHS). Just sayin'. ;)

I did, but that was before the Perlick taps were at their group buy price...I didn't see any point in getting just the Perlicks from AHS and everything else from Kegconnection so I just ordered it all at once from Austin...

I am looking forward to swinging by the kegconnection warehouse at some point though!

I did, but that was before the Perlick taps were at their group buy price...I didn't see any point in getting just the Perlicks from AHS and everything else from Kegconnection so I just ordered it all at once from Austin...

I am looking forward to swinging by the kegconnection warehouse at some point though!

Ya, Todd and Ben are really cool guys. Their "warehouse" is more like a large storage shed, but that's how they keep their overhead low. And, for what it's worth, they'll match "special" prices with competitors. They've done it for me before. :)

Did you consider Keg Connection? They're in your backyard and I've found their prices to be much better than any homebrew shop (including AHS). Just sayin'. ;)

That is where I get all of my kegging gear. Their prices are very reasonable, and they ship fast. They did leave the drip tray off my order, but called me before I even received the order to let me know they left it out, and shipped it that day free of charge.

Back