Are all 19/32-18 ball-lock posts the same?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThorGodOfThunder

Reaction score
I need to replace the ball-lock posts on my corny keg. I've determined that they are 19/32-18. A pair is on sale here but the Q/A section says they'll only work on kegs that originally had pin-locks. I don't know what mine originally had, I just know that they were ball locks when I got them.

Can anyone clear this up for me? I always assumed that all 19/32-18 posts will work on any keg with matching threads, but maybe I'm wrong?

That makes sense. The only difference I can imagine is if the nipple is slightly taller/shorter and the poppet would then need to be slightly shorter/taller to compensate.

Can anyone with a little more hands-on knowledge point me in the right direction?

That makes sense. The only difference I can imagine is if the nipple is slightly taller/shorter and the poppet would then need to be slightly shorter/taller to compensate.[...]

Because there's a flange with an o-ring under it when you screw on the post, the height of the threaded riser isn't very important. The post will bottom against the diptube flange and compress the o-ring beneath, sealing everything together. So the riser can't penetrate the post any more even if it was a foot in length.

The poppet length is dictated by the post, not the threaded riser length...

Cheers!

Back