April Fools Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year, a co-worker and I filled doughnuts with mayo. Reactions ranged from immediate vomiting to someone eating the whole thing without noticing.

This year, we brought doughtnuts just for the new guys. Un-doctored.

All the new guys ate them with everyone else staring in horror. It was kind of funny but hard to top last year.

I posted the New Glarus one on FB and was immediately met with lots of "meanest April fools joke ever!!" comments. Wisconsinites love our New Glarus.

My best friend, with whom I came to China eight years ago and who is an amateur comedian in Shanghai, posted this message: "Come out and see my last show before we move back to the states after 8 years in China!" along with the handbill for their comedy collective's next show.

I had absolutely no idea it was April Fool's Day. It was really depressing until I figured it out.

Did you guys see my April Fools article on the front page of the forum yesterday. It worked better than I expected. :D

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/glow-in-the-dark-beer.html

268030d1427850189-glow-dark-beer-kiwi_wit_glow-41155.jpg

Of course you know that in about 3 weeks we will be seeing a lot of "so I made a beer with quinine in hopes of it glowing under a black light and d*mn is it bitter!" and "is it possible to get quinine poisoning?"

I kind of wonder if it would work, maybe try something simple like making a tiny batch where you use a 2 liter of tonic water as your brewing water. I am tempted. Thats what you get for baiting homebrewers.

Besides quinine is cool. It glows blue in the sun.

Back