Anyone brewing for father's day??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
Sort of early but I have to start planning now!!

I have 10 lbs of 2 row and some other random malts I need to start using. I think I have honey malt, munich, crystal 40, victory, vienna, flaked barley, roasted barley, and chocolate malt.

I have some yasper magic IPA yeast, some sa04, some WLP Irish yeast, and I think some sa05.

Oh the possibilities.... I have a ton of high AA American hops too. I'm thinking about doing a nice crispy and dry IPA but I wanted to see what everyone was else was brewing to see if I can pull any other ideas.

:tank:

I probably will. Haven't decided what though... kind of torn between a session pale and a lawnmower blonde or cream ale.

Might go the second route so I can experiment with something.

I probably will. Haven't decided what though... kind of torn between a session pale and a lawnmower blonde or cream ale.

Might go the second route so I can experiment with something.

I brewed the citra cerveza that's on here. It's still in the primary but it smells awesome and it's right up the lawnmower/cream ale alley. Can't wait to put it on tap.

I brewed the citra cerveza that's on here. It's still in the primary but it smells awesome and it's right up the lawnmower/cream ale alley. Can't wait to put it on tap.

Yeah, I remember that one. I'm trying to abstain from the citra for a while... I'm citra'd out. Haha.

Yeah, I remember that one. I'm trying to abstain from the citra for a while... I'm citra'd out. Haha.

haha. I hear you. I haven't used it in a bit but it was citra crazy for a while! Let me know what you decide on :mug:

I was just thinking about brewing up a batch on fathers day... Probably going to either do a kolsch or cream ale. The weather would be great for a saison though. I've been craving a good hefeweizen, but want to be sure I consume the next one fresh, and my current pipeline is probably to full to get it on tap quickly.

I'll be doing the #1 Burton ale, a barleywine, next. Been planning on it a couple years now. Hope to get it going on/about father's day.

Glad I saw this post to get me thinking. I may go the opposite direction of a session beer and make a Belgian Quad to let cellar until the fall/winter.

I just bottled a molasses oatmeal stout that I aged on bourbon oak for 3 months. I'm going to bottle condition it until this winter. Those beers are awesome to do a couple times a year. They really build your cellar up!

I have a couple of recipes that I'll do (more than likely) on FD. A 'Two Hearted' clone and/or a dark German ale with Munich and 6-Row. I must bottle two batches by then or I won't have a fermenter to, well... ferment!

I just bottled a molasses oatmeal stout that I aged on bourbon oak for 3 months. I'm going to bottle condition it until this winter. Those beers are awesome to do a couple times a year. They really build your cellar up!

Normally this time of year, I'm working on my Christmas Gift beer. I've done a Tripel and a Dubbel in the past. This year, I'm planning to do a more sessionable beer so I figure I can work on some big beers for myself. Also, need to look into redoing an oyster stout I tried last year. Had temperature control problems which led to over carbonated beer.

As I've gotten older I'm starting to do more sessionable beers more often. I"m still planning what I'm going to brew on Father's day though. Decisions, decisions....

oyster stout sounds good. I've had Flying Dog's oyster stout before and it was a tad too briney for me. I'd like to brew one with a little bit more roast flavor in it.

Latest posts

Back