Activities everyone seems to enjoy... but you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I would like to take a moment and say that I am sorry that your little one is requiring extensive doctors visits. That has to wear on any person's nerves. Whatever it is, I hope it gets better.

Thanks. But it's really not a big deal. Had a heart arrythmia when he was born, but if it werent' for the fancy machines you'd never know he had an issue. It's mostly cleared itself up after a year, but there will be one missed beat in a 24-hour span so they keep scheduling us to go bakc and get the monitor put on. I view it more of a formality than anything - this country takes babies' health seriously apparently - they are extremely thorough. We don't actually have "death panels" and shoddy government-run healthcare like many 'mericans have heard.

What sucks though is that while we take our 99% healthy guy to Sick Kids, I always see parents and children with real problems. Saw a dude in the elevator once with his kid in the stroller who obviously had some serious brain and other developmental deficiencies. He was proud as hell though - "we're heading home for the first time today. 2 and a half years we've been in here". Despite all the crap that this guy and his kid had been through, he was the happiest guy on the planet at that exact moment.

Makes you think, that's all.

Back on topic: Caring about work-related things at work. What is wrong with these people?

It is...when the mall is closed....

We sneak in, have our twinkies and koolaid, pee on all of the merchandise and leave.

I guess I meant I hate going there when it is open.

You and that damn Koolaid again I don't want to here about you on the news
when , Comet ISON comes by!:D

two different taxi's refused to take me to the "hood" I was in because I was wearing a "suit" WTF?

Yipes. Yeah, New York is really a different animal to other cities in the States. When people suggest "use the buddy system" in NOLA after dark its unbelievable to me. Of course, we have bad neighborhoods, but they are pretty few and far in between.

I started reaching for my wallet once in a bad part of Alphabet City after this guy said "Dead End, bro." I thought I was getting robbed. He rolled his eyes "no seriously, look... its a dead end." AWKWARD. It was dark, cut me a break.

But the cost of living is absurd, the apartments are tiny, dealing with landlords is hellish, its freezing in the winter and molten hot in the summer. We now have hurricanes every year, train fare keeps going up, idiots on mass transit abound, and parking is a nightmare...

And still I wouldnt live anywhere else in the world.

BACK OT...

Going into downtown Detroit to watch the Detroit Fireworks.
Nope.

I've seen more than a few bona fide riots at them over the past 40 years and saw a shooting upclose and personal in the late 1980's... and they JUST had another clusterf*ck at them last night with what appeared to be gunfire causing a massive stampede.
Instead I watched safely on the telly. My days of arming myself and going into downtown Detroit in the heat of the night in summer to party are a thing of the past.
Maybe from a private viewing area downtown it would be worth it ... or going to Windsor, Canada for the evening and watching from there, which is actually **really** nice ... dinner in Windsor's Little Italy and then catch the Detroit fireworks from Windsor's riverfront parks.

Dude I hate parades.

There is one parade I used to go to (I'll give you a hint, Im a liberal) but I really got tired of even that one.

Disneyworld/Downtown Disney/Citywalk/Pointe Orlando

I live in Orlando and Disney is in Kissimmee and I know people who go to some Disney or Universal park every single weekend. These people don't have kids and yes, they do have the pass and bring their own food... but I still don't get it. I don't even understand going to Epcot every other weekend and I'd say Epcot is the most enjoyable park.

I've been to most of the parks once or twice and yeah, they're fun, but every weekend to every other weekend? Dealing with the traffic and then the horrendous parking. Then, everything is just.. corporate overpriced crap. Yay, we went to Joe's Crab Shack! It tastes just like every other Joe's Crab Shack in the country and it's super overpriced to boot! (not picking on Joe's Crab Shack in particular.. insert any other huge overpriced chain restaurant like Cuba Libre, Tommy Bahama Restaurant, Or Bubba Gumps). Just thinking about it is making me grumpy.

People come to Minneapolis and gush, "Wow, it must be nice to be able to shop at the Mall of America any time you want!"

I've lived here 20 years and have been to MOA exactly twice. Both times to take an out-of-town guest there because they really wanted to.

. . .while we take our 99% healthy guy to Sick Kids, I always see parents and children with real problems. Saw a dude in the elevator once with his kid in the stroller who obviously had some serious brain and other developmental deficiencies. He was proud as hell though - "we're heading home for the first time today. 2 and a half years we've been in here". Despite all the crap that this guy and his kid had been through, he was the happiest guy on the planet at that exact moment.

Makes you think, that's all.

Thanks for sharing this, read this at a time just when I needed it.

Its all about momentum. Multiply the momentum of the moving escalator with purposeful climbing and you are at the apex in far less time. If you have a heavy bag, sore feet or an orthopedic irregularity then standing on the right is the place for you. I'm not even joking on this one... stall on the left and you should get a ticket.

Anybody in that big of a hurry should've left 10 minutes earlier. People in that big of a hurry are just another reason for me to hate the city, any city. If I'm standing on an escalator & somebody wants to walk up past me, I'll step aside if they ask me politely. They come off with an attitude & they're going to be much later than they originally thought.
Regards, GF.

Yeah... not really. The train schedule is already unpredictable because of ******** smashing into the cars and not letting the doors close. There is no way to assure (leaving early or not) that you arent going to run late. Honestly, if you are standing to the left, something that anyone who has been here a week or so knows is a complete ******* thing to do, I'll still ask you to move over politely... but I wont mean it politely.

Back