A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
94286-are-you-mental-gif-Waynes-Worl-D3Sl.gif

Here's the pot I want then I can do 10 gallon full volume.

Think you could do 23gal with that. I've decided outdoor brewing in 90f and 90% humidity isn't my thing, so until my brew house/pub is built, in the market myself for a new pot. But really need a new mash tun, 15gallons or so. Like doing single mash no sparge, but grain limited with HD 10gal....and you know RIS season is around the corner! #RISSeason365

You do full volume mash but use a mash tun? How do you do it if you don't mind telling. My reason for 30 gallons is the same reason why you want 15 for 5, I just doubled it. But I think I could also do 15 gallons if I use a dunk sparge for the 3 bags it would be. I would really like to then start kegging in 15 gallon sanke kegs. I have seen 10 gallon corny kegs out there. So in the future are couple things I'd like to do. I think my 15 gallon pot was 60. I think the 10-gallon ones are less. If your stove is electric I worry they might be a little wide. That being said they have flat bottoms which is ideal for electric. My indoor pot was an 8 gallon tamale pot from Walmart it was twenty bucks. Required a dunk sparge, but it had flat bottom. I've come to realize that I have to use a colander and bucket anyways to squeeze out every last drop so the dunk sparge really wasn't a big deal. Brand new stainless steel convection stove forced me out.

You do full volume mash but use a mash tun? How do you do it if you don't mind telling. My reason for 30 gallons is the same reason why you want 15 for 5, I just doubled it. But I think I could also do 15 gallons if I use a dunk sparge for the 3 bags it would be. I would really like to then start kegging in 15 gallon sanke kegs. I have seen 10 gallon corny kegs out there. So in the future are couple things I'd like to do. I think my 15 gallon pot was 60. I think the 10-gallon ones are less. If your stove is electric I worry they might be a little wide. That being said they have flat bottoms which is ideal for electric. My indoor pot was an 8 gallon tamale pot from Walmart it was twenty bucks. Required a dunk sparge, but it had flat bottom. I've come to realize that I have to use a colander and bucket anyways to squeeze out every last drop so the dunk sparge really wasn't a big deal. Brand new stainless steel convection stove forced me out.

I full volume biab 5.5 gallons in an 11 gallon pot no problem...I think you could get around 15g depending on gravity

Yeah 15 gallon for 5 biab might have been overkill, but i wanted head room and possibility of high gravity. Perhaps i should sell 15 and get 20. Could do high gravity 5 and low gravity 10.

Ill post on my quick thread too, but here you go. 2 hr 32 min quickest yet i think for chilled batch. I wanted to buy pilsner malt but for 34 $ how could I turn down two row and its versatility. Munich Dunkel modified. 10 or so pounds of 2 row, 1/2 pound of UK crisp 77l crystal, and 1/4 pound carafa tres. 1oz cascade 45min. (still got some) and saf 34/70. Room temp is 70. That's all I got squeezed out of my sack. I pressed it really good in a colander with a pot lid. A picture of the vigorous boil at 60%.

View attachment 1469675364276.jpg

View attachment 1469675378895.jpg

View attachment 1469675388672.jpg

View attachment 1469675402342.jpg

View attachment 1469675413537.jpg

What are you Brewing brewinbro

Making a stout and a mosaic pale. Brewing with my younger cousin - his second time brewing (his first ended in disaster, so hopefully I can put him back in the right track). Using a hopped extract mr beer NW pale ale kit he has on hand for the latter, but just as an ingredient basically as a late LME addition. The rest of that batch is AG, so It's essentially a PM using up his extract to make up the gravity to around 7%, and hopping the crap out of it with mosaic.

Yeah! Totally changed my reasoning and bought the Blichmann burner. Eventually, will have a brewpub..so need one anyway.

Good question about mash. Used to sparge, but like the full mash idea. Limited experience is showing better mouthfeel results. Also only 15min mash experiments now. Gravity doesn't seem to change with longer mashes. I'm limited to about 14lbs grain/8.25gallons. Looking at 70qt coolers from Academy for conversion. But at 15min mashes, double mash for high ABV beers doesn't seem difficult. My 10gallon kettle works fine for now.

Back