A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im so jealous brewinbroman. Someone said this was good so I tried it. I like the sweetness of it. Here is the upstairs window air conditioning by the way, in case anybody was interested. I can assure you I'm not upset to be sitting downstairs by the other one.

I didn't know Austin was so pretty. Would really mean a lot to me to visit Texas where Ben Hogan, Byron Nelson , and Harvey Penick played golf.

View attachment 1463791790044.jpg

View attachment 1463791800831.jpg

How'ed that go??

Great beer and some live music. Interestingly, the two hoppy styles, their IPA and session pale were my least favorites of the lineup, but my wife really liked them. Too much of floral flavor/aroma for my tastes, but decent. I'd had their peanut butter stout before - still good.

Yeah..only because of alcohol. Chopping grass in this 150% humidity with a HB Raspberry Summer Shandy attempt 1. Used Saison yeast so some pepper is definitely getting through.

Yeah..only because of alcohol. Chopping grass in this 150% humidity with a HB Raspberry Summer Shandy attempt 1. Used Saison yeast so some pepper is definitely getting through.

Seriously, gloomy and humid as hell!! Won't stop me from enjoying a vacation, though. Rain or shine, I will drink lots of beer! [emoji482]. Planning on Oasis to check out their brewery and dinner tonight. Probably won't be much of a sunset, but ah well.

Tomorrow heading into the city. Thinking about Austin Beer Garden. Looks like a good beer selection and decent lunch menu.

Golfing today, glad I did some stuff yesterday so I don't feel so guilty about going. Haven't played since I blew up at The Ridge at Castle Pines a couple weeks ago. Got a light in the bathroom yesterday. This thing was expensive for single sconce and I don't know if it matches. That being said it's like being at the club.

View attachment 1463935496744.jpg

How's the remodel going? The floor looks good.

Thanks! Going good- time has been at a premium lately so I haven't been able to devote as much time to it as I want. Just have to finish trim and I'm going to replace the slider that leads to the sunroom and I am in the process of refinishing the mantle around the fireplace.

All pretty decent, but nothing standout here for me at ABGB. For some really hop-forward descriptions, most just tasted very similar and a lot of bitterness, not much for flavor/aroma. Had some good pizza, though! The Hells yes Helles, IIPA and Imperial red were my favs of the bunch. View attachment 355613View attachment 355614

Big Mama is my fav. They have a nice RIS during winter. PintHousePizza is better imho..

Super slick greens and some wind it was tough out there today. Well that and i choked my way around. Glad to see you living it up brewingbromanite. Our next trip is coming up we are taking our popup to goblin valley state park. With a quick stop in moab.

Hi!

@bcbg Melomel. I think you told me it was blackberry? Anyway, I'm a fan of this.

9c792106654b1f3015fadcb8cdf0f423.jpg

Big Mama is my fav. They have a nice RIS during winter. PintHousePizza is better imho..

I'm with ya, best of the bunch for sure. Pint house is on the agenda today, because more pizza and beer just seems like a great idea! Happy Monday friendly working folks!! [emoji12]

Super slick greens and some wind it was tough out there today. Well that and i choked my way around. Glad to see you living it up brewingbromanite. Our next trip is coming up we are taking our popup to goblin valley state park. With a quick stop in moab.

Thanks, this was a much needed vacation. Your gardening looks pretty extensive. Whatcha growing?

Bad day of golf is better then a good at work anytime! Humm, unless you brew beer for a living..

Thanks, this was a much needed vacation. Your gardening looks pretty extensive. Whatcha growing?

4 strawberry
3 egg plants
1 bananna pepper
1 poblano (these do well)
3 various bell pepper (never have let sit long enough to turn colors)
1 sweet pepper
4 basic tomato plants
2 cherry tomato
3 lettuce
3 spinach
6 broccoli
3 brussel sprouts
4 green bean plants
2 cillantro
2 basil
1 red lettuce

I think this is about it more or less. They are in 1 3 and 7 gallon grow bags. The pools are self watering and I have been posting on a garden thread that will be easy to find if you are curious for more.

Im trying to grow things that are plentiful and grow well here. Also things that aren't super cheap to buy, like corn. This year I have a lot of seed going as well. My favorites are the eggplant and green beans. Haven't found a good place to do squash yet. I want to grow hops next!

Glad to hear you're having a good trip. Look forward to seeing what kind of pizza and beer you got into today.

Recreational camping or hiking/4 wheeling camping?

Recreational camping and hiking. My wife and I used to hike every day when camping. Mostly because we need the exercise :). But with a 2 year old and 4 year old I'm not sure. I used to hike with my son in a pack, but since my herniated disc I'm not sure I can withstand the pain. Or I guess better said it might send me into a relapse. I would love to 4 wheel but don't know where to go or how to. Did you say 4 wheel camping what is that? Have you spent much time where we're going could you recommend anything? The vehicle is a 98 4 Runner.

Back