A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

your misunderstanding what I'm saying I aid hops and barley are the main ingredients just because it's a fact they are and I didn't feel like listing every adjunct out there. I'm fine with all grain based Malts and adjusts and I'm also fine with pretty much every kind of sugar out there In fact I've been working on a molasses cookie porter for a while it's just when you add things that give beer a completely uncharacteristic flavor and also I limit myself because I have a way which I think things should be done and that's what's going to help me develop my own style I'm not against adding herbs and things to beer in fact I plan on using ginseng and other natural remedies for relaxation and stress relief, it's the people who don't even think about what they're putting in intelligently. I mean I work really hard on forming my recipes and I think every step of it out and I think just the fact that people have to ask if it's a good idea or what would happen shows that they didn't really put much thought into it.

You're not doing it right. 10 word post maximum.

I notice not a lot of long posts, and as you all know by now im certainly not a short poster. Im sorry for lack of punctuation making it hard to read my writing. I can work on that.
This morning put my car in park at a red light to tie my shoe, and accidentally put it in d2. Car shuttered at 60mph, hope i didnt hurt it. The strange things that happen. Glad to see some actual posting, well other than just me.

Someone who thinks or does something different is not a troll. I dont have Facebook or any other online connections, this is my first and only forum. Apparently i missed some guide book somewhere. Problem is i am not the best rule follower though. Appreciate your patience.

This morning put my car in park at a red light to tie my shoe, and accidentally put it in d2. Car shuttered at 60mph, hope i didnt hurt it.

Sounds like you hit the rev limiter, if it is not shaking or making funny sounds it is probably fine. I am assuming this is a 1995 or never vehicle.

Sounds like you hit the rev limiter, if it is not shaking or making funny sounds it is probably fine. I am assuming this is a 1995 or never vehicle.

Thank you so much fuzzy. I was really worried about it. 1999 Toyota camry. When I looked down it was at the red line. I was thinking/hoping it was some sort of built in protection.

What are you making?

A close resemblance to the Hanahapu. Using the clone recipe on HBT with some slight changes. I don't care for back patent and instead of Marris Otter using 2 row to eliminate the bready/yeasty flavor I seem to get from MO.

The thread is 'A tribute to Hanahapu', the post #30 recipe...more or less.

Thanks for the recipe. I might Brew when I get home tonight too. Really want to make that Founders clone, but need to go to store as well for chocolate(im going to follow m00ps advice and only go coffee on cold side). Would like to make a double IPA or Russian imperial stout as well, but I want to parti-gyle it. I keep a nice circle going but can't deny that it's time to get another fermentor and some more corny kegs and also to get my shelf built right in the fridge.

These work well, but the exhaust is in the room somewhat, the window ones work better imo. But I like the fact this is mobile and we take it out at the end of the night. I think it was 179?

Morning. Coffee. Today is a new day in the friendly thread. Today is also my first day of a very short vacation. Heading down to Austin with my wife in a couple hours, and heading back on Tuesday. In-laws staying with the kids and pets at our house, so that worked out! Looking forward to relaxation, good food and craft brew!

Good Morning, drinking SodaStream energy drink of course. 4 nights 5 days brewinbromanite without the kids sounds wonderful, live it up. I've heard Austin is an awesome city, it is often compared with My Home Town Fort Collins. Let a chuck roast smoke last night overnight. Took 8 hours what the heck.

Took picture in parking lot btw

View attachment 1463750689012.jpg

Morning. Coffee. Today is a new day in the friendly thread. Today is also my first day of a very short vacation. Heading down to Austin with my wife in a couple hours, and heading back on Tuesday. In-laws staying with the kids and pets at our house, so that worked out! Looking forward to relaxation, good food and craft brew!

Have you a beer plan?

Hi, HFF (Happy F*cking Friday) everyone!

@PianoMan are you like me? Head rodent, snake, bird, bug identifier and/or remover at home and work. I work at a car dealership and I see/identify/catch/release so many things, I've lost count. I've caught a 3 foot Rat snake that had gotten on the showroom floor. Last mammal I removed was a possum from the engine compartment of a customers car. Come to think of it, it's been quiet for awhile........too quiet.

Hi, HFF (Happy F*cking Friday) everyone!

@PianoMan are you like me? Head rodent, snake, bird, bug identifier and/or remover at home and work. I work at a car dealership and I see/identify/catch/release so many things, I've lost count. I've caught a 3 foot Rat snake that had gotten on the showroom floor. Last mammal I removed was a possum from the engine compartment of a customers car. Come to think of it, it's been quiet for awhile........too quiet.

Ha! Not really. Our 7yr old granddaughter, who are now in care of along with her 1yr old brother..don't get me started.., loves reptiles/snakes. I gave her the challenge to figure our what snake was posted on FB. She passed! We have 2 pit mixes and I think they clear things up. We've only had to identify 1 snake since living here for 21 years.

Possum in the engine eh? Sounds like you need a reality show!

Have you a beer plan?

Of course! [emoji16][emoji238]

Does everything have to revolve around beer ... :confused:... doh, wait it does ... :smack: ... :D

Yes, yes it does! [emoji482][emoji482]

Landed at our hotel/resort in Austin about 3. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463788551.629074.jpg

Went straight to Infamous brewery. Dinner and more drinks in 30 mins!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463788625.947354.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1463788640.621162.jpg

Back