A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell us more about the potatoe....
Looks like a lot of ham and cheese that you ain't tellin' us about...
There may even be some REAL butter in there...we all see it.
No sense in trying to hide it.

You are holding out. Nice job.

The melvin ipa is money the question is where in the h... is alpine wy. Growing up in Fort Collins Cheyenne is 1 hour away we would go there for fireworks and girls who were fun. This year's Cheyenne Frontier Days has Fall Out Boy on my birthday and I really want to go but for the fact that a Motel 6 is like 350 a night

No denver but now with kids the idea has come up. Are you from Michigan? Seems alot of my good friends are from there

I am. I did my masters at CSU but all online. We did go out there once, really enjoyed it. Didn't get to spend any time in Denver though.

Awesome my father's Masters is from there, my mom fell a paper short, my was gcu online. I went to csu for 3 years then transferred to naropa in boulder. Csu is solid!

Those meads and wine sound good. I love dry mead

Morning! Blew off $OT$ for brewing. A DIPA and Hanahapu Lite (8%). Both are single mash, no mashout. Hopefully helps my mouth feel issue. Oh, coff..

As a kid, I knew my dad was an engineer. I told everyone I wanted to drive trains when I grow up, just like my dad.

Hi friendlies! Playing catch up after out a little over a week on here. This reply is pretty much ancient at this point...

When I was a a kid, my parents worked in pharmaceuticals. At church, they were asking kids what their parents did, and I announced that my parents sold drugs. I didn't really get why everyone thought it was so funny at the time.

QOTD: Simple creamy mashed/smashed potatoes. I shape them like a berm to coral the effusion of delicious juices from the steak.

(Not a fan of US steakhouses to be honest. The meat is typically overseasoned for my tastes. )

With you on the over seasoning. Salt. Pepper. Done. Plenty of good spots around here, but I much prefer my own grilled steaks most of the time. Local Yocal in downtown McKinney has some fantastic steaks (raw to take home and cook - not a restaurant), if you're ever over in these parts.

QOTD: What's your favorite steakhouse side dish?
/QUOTE]

Late reply.... More steak. Also just about any kind of potatoes. And any good Mac'n cheese. Had some truffle Mac'n cheese yesterday that was pretty awesome. Lobster Mac n cheese last week, and Kraft Mac n cheese about once a week with the 3 yr old. [emoji16]. I don't discriminate.

Solid indeed. My money was firmly on poutine.

Here is some curling.

sXhsIloRCSt8ZAY332Kc_Cat%20Curling.gif

This was good! I've got a bunch of family in PEI. Being from TX we give each other a hell of a time with accents, stereotypes, etc. Will be sharing his one. Thanks, Gav!

QOTD - If I am making it myself, more steak and or grilled sweet onions. Otherwise taters or some other starch to help break up the mass of meat and fat in your gullet

Kale. Kale is no better for you than any other dark leafy green. It just has a better marketing department.

MIL makes some pizza with spinach, kale, and a bunch of other fibers stuff. Calls it power-poop pizza...

This was good! I've got a bunch of family in PEI. Being from TX we give each other a hell of a time with accents, stereotypes, etc. Will be sharing his one. Thanks, Gav!

No worries man. It's a gem. Laughed like a mad person when I first saw this. Giggling like a schoolgirl now seeing it again. I love watching curling in all seriousness. Don't get the chance too often. Was in BC a few weeks ago and watched it when the kids were napping whenever it was on (seems like it was always on)

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1462057901.453082.jpg Como Esta Beeches!?

Working on Terapin Hopsecutioner number three and watching Forged In Fire; best Georgia beer I've had so far. It easily passes Sweetwater Hop Hash as my new favorite.

I'm also in the process of joining a local homebrew club and looking forward to getting back to it.

In the mean time, I've taken up woodworking and might start learning to make knives... I like hobbies.
Cheers gents, here's what I made today. First ever woodworking project, so be gentle! View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1462058261.817435.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1462058275.819662.jpg

@TheMadKing That's a Bad A** spoon and you christened it with blood too. :D
Welcome to GA. :mug: Hopsacutioner is a solid IPA, look for Creature Comforts Tropicalia too. Which club? I'll be at Operation Homebrew next Saturday May7th National Homebrew Day brewing. Swing by if ya can.

Trying to convince my wife that a beer a night is normal. Any suggestions? (Unfortunately, new wife is not going to work as she'll take me for 75%)

Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm a Virgo, like long walks in the woods and IPAs. :goat:
I follow along with the rest of the clowns in this thread as stress relief at work, but just can't keep up.

@pianoman I love double ipas. Congrats on finishing a couple brews, sunny there really I had to cancel my tee time it really is bumming me out but hey actually help the house. What is a Hanna beer?

@themadking awesome spoon and I can tell the experience was as fun as the end product I've been hankering to build something I think I want to build another one of those patches that I have shown in my backyard oh my God it is snowing so hard all of a sudden I'm going to cry

@TheMadKing That's a Bad A** spoon and you christened it with blood too. :D
Welcome to GA. :mug: Hopsacutioner is a solid IPA, look for Creature Comforts Tropicalia too. Which club? I'll be at Operation Homebrew next Saturday May7th National Homebrew Day brewing. Swing by if ya can.

I'm joining CCAR (Chicken City Ale Raisers) up here in Gainesville. Any tips on where to find those? The selection at Kroger and Publix is very limited.

I'll be there! What kind of events do they have going on, and who should I look for?

First, that's pretty cool wood project. 2nd who are you new guys?

Awesome beer! Rye, bourbon RIS from PintHousePizza North Austin.

Hi I'm Mat, I'm not super new, but prefer to identify as newish (i use the newish restrooms too). I enjoy hobbies and being anti-sober and I'm learning to love the South since I just moved here from the Pacific northwest

@pianoman I love double ipas. Congrats on finishing a couple brews, sunny there really I had to cancel my tee time it really is bumming me out but hey actually help the house. What is a Hanna beer?

@themadking awesome spoon and I can tell the experience was as fun as the end product I've been hankering to build something I think I want to build another one of those patches that I have shown in my backyard oh my God it is snowing so hard all of a sudden I'm going to cry

Hell yeah it's fun, I have all the power tools, but something about doing it by hand is more fun. Newbie tip: watch a lot of YouTube videos on sharpening your tools, and buy a decent set of tools. I recommend Narex as the best for the money.

Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm a Virgo, like long walks in the woods and IPAs. :goat:
I follow along with the rest of the clowns in this thread as stress relief at work, but just can't keep up.

😀😀
sorry I'm a Leo and hate clowns.

Thanks, DIPAs are my nemesis right now. Hanahapu from Cigar City.

BJs Magnolia Peach beer..

View attachment 1462065784810.jpg

No worries man. It's a gem. Laughed like a mad person when I first saw this. Giggling like a schoolgirl now seeing it again. I love watching curling in all seriousness. Don't get the chance too often. Was in BC a few weeks ago and watched it when the kids were napping whenever it was on (seems like it was always on)

Showed my wife this earlier. A few years ago we had some family from PEI come down for a visit, and curling came up (well, b/c, Canadians...), and she told me she made a comment about it "not even being a sport," followed by some of the sweetest old ladies I know attacking her on the spot. Haha. I like watching it, too, but mainly because I find it amusing with all the seriousness and sweeping.

How's the age on that? Found my first 6'er of the season a week or two ago, and the bottom of the cans had "best by March" date on it. Last 6 pack at total wine that day, too. Still hoppy, but not pungent like I've had previously. Had my last one this afternoon also. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1462066312.066092.jpg

Showed my wife this earlier. A few years ago we had some family from PEI come down for a visit, and curling came up (well, b/c, Canadians...), and she told me she made a comment about it "not even being a sport," followed by some of the sweetest old ladies I know attacking her on the spot. Haha. I like watching it, too, but mainly because I find it amusing with all the seriousness and sweeping.

How's the age on that? Found my first 6'er of the season a week or two ago, and the bottom of the cans had "best by March" date on it. Last 6 pack at total wine that day, too. Still hoppy, but not pungent like I've had previously. Had my last one this afternoon also. View attachment 352541

Pungent is a good descriptor. I thought it was a bit phenolic but I am rubbish at describing beers so I don't know how reliable that is. It was very cloudy, lots of suspended hop matter in the beer. A tasty beer for sure. Not sure on the date of packaging. I got it off the shelf too, not fridge (dumbflockery).

Certainly an unexpected aroma from an APA.

Any tips on where to find those? The selection at Kroger and Publix is very limited.
See if you can find a good bottle shop around the Buford/Gainesville area. I'll see what I can do on my end for next Saturday.

I'll be there! What kind of events do they have going on, and who should I look for?
Some of us from The New London Brew Club will be brewing. There will be a peoples choice Homebrew contest along with food. Look for the weird guy with ink on his leg brewing a RIS BIAB.

Back