A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't the friendliest thought, but is anyone else a little bummed when they see post after post by 1-post users in the giveaway threads?

I never notice it as I'm always on the app. But people are buttholes. Just the way it is. Lots of crappy annoying and selfish beer hounds out there. That's also not the friendliest thing to say, but it's a true thing to say. And friendly friends sometimes have to just say it how it is.

I never notice it as I'm always on the app. But people are buttholes. Just the way it is. Lots of crappy annoying and selfish beer hounds out there. That's also not the friendliest thing to say, but it's a true thing to say. And friendly friends sometimes have to just say it how it is.

Troof.

I'm only here to BS about beer, and look what happened though. There's something to be said for not being a Richard.

Did my busted thumb knuckle scare away all of my friendly friends? Is a thirsty Thursday only a thing at my house? Did @Psylocide get stuck murdered at the dojo?

Give me an hour. I will be home and able to have one beer then its off to bed. Have to be up in exactly 7 hours and I am already on a hefty sleep deficit.

Not just you, it is annoying, but it does give HBT an influx of cash.

How? This one was open to everyone, just had to subscribe to the sponsor's newsletter.

I am thinking a post-count minimum for these kinds of things would be nice. I am not worried about losing out to a newbie, but if someone comes here to post just once in a giveaway thread and wins, the whole site loses.

How? This one was open to everyone, just had to subscribe to the sponsor's newsletter.

I am thinking a post-count minimum for these kinds of things would be nice. I am not worried about losing out to a newbie, but if someone comes here to post just once in a giveaway thread and wins, the whole site loses.

Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things.

I'm like a drunken Confucius.

Nice... Just hope that chamomile is free range organic and painlessly harvested.

For those of you playing along at home in the PKKTGPFFF, I beat the Florida team's 3rd Dan instructor handily, it wasn't even a challenge. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

View attachment 343518

Too late to place my bet?

Not that I should.

My side prize now includes, for certain, a bottle of Steak Toaster.

I couldnt remember who hated saisons here haha figured it was you. If you find any of the 12oz explorer series cans, pick those up for sure.

Wait now I'm confused. Maybe your sarcasm is more advanced than mine

I LOVE saisons and ipas. My 2 favorite styles. I will definitely look for those 2. It's @iijakii that hasn't come around to saisons....yet

Okay, you have a point. Though that one is an unofficial giveaway. That one was kinda like the 20k-th post beer box. The majority of the official HBT giveaways are to supporting only (or postcard entries)

I'll be here. Let's talk Help Desk.

You talkin to me?

Yep thats where I am. Why do people insist on asking questions that are in depth and require consensus from all the bosses and crap after COB? It really is not fun having to use the phone tree at dinner time, or 11:30 at night. Especially to people who have small children and infants in their house.

I am getting livid. My relief is now 22 minutes late. I am supposed to leave in 8 minutes. This would not be a problem if this weren't a nightly occurrance. What a Richard.

Too late to place my bet?

Not that I should.

My side prize now includes, for certain, a bottle of Steak Toaster.

The box will not be the same for you as it would for anyone else. I'd like to add a personal touch.

For instance, WesleyS will receive my jar of toenail clippings, 3 ticket stubs to Jeff Dunham's show that I found in the trash at work and a really short pencil. Like, when you know you should just throw it away and the lead is closer to the eraser than should be physically possible? That short.

And a Busch Light pounder, because I did say I'd send beer.

You'd get a box of pissed off fire ants, some home baked chicken fries and a Four Loko.

Wait now I'm confused. Maybe your sarcasm is more advanced than mine

I LOVE saisons and ipas. My 2 favorite styles. I will definitely look for those 2. It's @iijakii that hasn't come around to saisons....yet

..........yet

Arrogant.

Though he should have one of yours. Or mine. I think he had a bad one. I like mine unspiced.

Side question, Brett dregs. I just slapped a piece of foil over your bottle. Can I just hold it like that for a while it should I get a mini starter going for it?

Nice... Just hope that chamomile is free range organic and painlessly harvested.

For those of you playing along at home in the PKKTGPFFF, I beat the Florida team's 3rd Dan instructor handily in a sparring match tonight... it wasn't even a challenge. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

View attachment 343518

Of course. I only buy cage-free camomile.
And good work taking apart the opposition before the comp even starts. Did you give a victory speech while talking through your cardboard tube?

Okay, you have a point. Though that one is an unofficial giveaway. That one was kinda like the 20k-th post beer box. The majority of the official HBT giveaways are to supporting only (or postcard entries)

Yep thats where I am. Why do people insist on asking questions that are in depth and require consensus from all the bosses and crap after COB? It really is not fun having to use the phone tree at dinner time, or 11:30 at night. Especially to people who have small children and infants in their house.

I am getting livid. My relief is now 22 minutes late. I am supposed to leave in 8 minutes. This would not be a problem if this weren't a nightly occurrance. What a Richard.

I'm the help desk for everything non-IT. On call 24/7.

I get it. I really do. I've had to leave my children's birthday parties.

I have a decent resume together. I'm shopping.

The box will not be the same for you as it would for anyone else. I'd like to add a personal touch.

For instance, WesleyS will receive my jar of toenail clippings, 3 ticket stubs to Jeff Dunham's show that I found in the trash at work and a really short pencil. Like, when you know you should just throw it away and the lead is closer to the eraser than should be physically possible? That short.

And a Busch Light pounder, because I did say I'd send beer.

You'd get a box of pissed off fire ants, some home baked chicken fries and a Four Loko.

You can still get Four Loko? Lucky bastage.

Of course. I only buy cage-free camomile.
And good work taking apart the opposition before the comp even starts. Did you give a victory speech while talking through your cardboard tube?

Well actually... I graciously thanked him for attending our class and sparring with me, since we are the hosts and he far outranks me.

He wanted to see a full class and we spar almost every class (his students do not), so he got the full experience. Just dumb luck that we got paired up... that or my instructor did it on purpose, which seems more likely.

The Kendo guys are the ones that I'm the most nervous about. They do nothing but sparring/sparring drills. Oh god I can't sleep, too excited.

I'm the help desk for everything non-IT. On call 24/7.

I get it. I really do. I've had to leave my children's birthday parties.

I have a decent resume together. I'm shopping.

Ugh. Worst thing is I am IT. I have been the unappreciated work on servers at weird hours and overnight on weekends. Oh well. Thankfully my current job I am only responsible for work while I am here or if a colleague is confused and needs a little help or clarification (thankfully does not happen often, though I really wish they would ask for help more). I do have a few resumes floating around though.

Dude has 10 more minutes before I call him and wake his ass up. 45 minutes no call/no show... Hell no.

Ugh. Worst thing is I am IT. I have been the unappreciated work on servers at weird hours and overnight on weekends. Oh well. Thankfully my current job I am only responsible for work while I am here or if a colleague is confused and needs a little help or clarification (thankfully does not happen often, though I really wish they would ask for help more). I do have a few resumes floating around though.

Dude has 10 more minutes before I call him and wake his ass up. 45 minutes no call/no show... Hell no.

I know you're IT. I live here dude. Luckily emergencies are the only reason I have to go on-site. I do get ridiculous Saturday afternoon calls from managers about chit that can wait until Monday. Oh well. If I get fired there's no one to train me, and I think the old bastard knows it. Job securrity.

I know you're IT. I live here dude. Luckily emergencies are the only reason I have to go on-site. I do get ridiculous Saturday afternoon calls from managers about chit that can wait until Monday. Oh well. If I get fired there's no one to train me, and I think the old bastard knows it. Job securrity.

As good as job security is, its not worth being abused. Good to hear that you are managing expectations to a point of "Can this get done in the morning? Yes? Good, maybe I will see you/it will get looked at then."

Yeah, no more caffeine, gaurana (sp?) or taurine.

Basically just grossbier punch now.

I thought they just couldnt do all three. I have seen other energy drink alcohols before loko came out. Sparks for one. Yuck to all of them anyway.

I'll make my own! I already make coffee beer. I'll just add Hawaiian punch.

You need to add some gatorade powdered mix too. For the electrolytes. Maybe add a 5 hour energy too. Make it an improved 5 loko

For those of you playing along at home in the PKKTGPFFF, I beat the Florida team's 3rd Dan instructor handily in a sparring match tonight... it wasn't even a challenge. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

View attachment 343518

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457671530.456804.jpg

You can still get Four Loko? Lucky bastage.

I can get watermelon and fruit punch. Want to set up a trade? I also saw some fresh cases of Busch light yesterday if anyone is interested.

Careful with that stuff. Caffeine and nicotine can both kill you easily if you overdo it.

Yeah... I'm not an idiot. Well, not that bad anyway. Only mild idiotosis they tell me. I've still got a few years before they can give me a solid end date.

Latest posts

Back