5 star pbw and brew, contamination??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooker

Reaction score
Hey totally new to this, brewed my first batch of an American ale, after cooling it down and placing the airlock on a little bit of sanitizer that is in the airlock tunneled into the beer.. Is my batch a goner or am I still ok ?

You're fine. The small amount of star sans that fits in the airlock won't be detrimental to your fermentation.

Did you mean star san or pbw. Pbw is a cleaner not a sanitizer. Star San is a sanitizer not a cleaner. Big differences between the 2.

If it was Star San that got sucked in then your batch is fine. If it was PBW (powdered brewery wash) solution that was mistakenly used to fill your airlock and got sucked into your beer, I wouldn't drink it!

It was the pbw, I called a local brewery and they said it wouldn't destroy my batch , but it may give a metallic taste, I switched out the liquid with some popov

Latest posts

Back